My PC specs

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
both sound ok, but if the sapphire card is faster then for the extra £13 it may be worth it

Reaction score
PotGuy said:
You do not want the Sapphire GTO, but the GTO2.

That is the unlockable version, and it is £140 odd.

i think it is a no brainer to get the sapphire gto2 if you can. The overclocking potential is enormous, and while you are not guarenteed to get x850 speeds, you are just about guarenteed to reach at least x800xl speeds, which is a £200 card.

however like all the x8xx series, it does not support shader model 3, and so the image quality will not be as good as an nvidia 6 series card.

but the 6 series cards are beginning to struggle with new games that are very intensive anyway, and with the gto2 at least, you will get good framerates for a good while still.

I don't think you can get a better value card than the x800gto, but it is up to you whether you want to spend the extra £35 on the unlockable gto2.

I really want to stick to my budget of £100 although i have gone up to £105 to buy the PowerColor X800GTO 256MB card. I know the X800GTO2 has the ability of up to a 35% performance increase but i wouldnt really know how to do this. I just want a card that is ready to play withoutchanging any settings etc.

The PowerColor X800GTO 256MB card is coming on monday :) I will always keep going up in price if i keep telling myself, oh for another £35 you can get a much better card but where would i end? i could end up looking at a £200 card. I think its best i stay with my budget and afterall im not a serious gamer, i just want a card that will play the latest games, afterall almost any card is better than my X300SE lol

Thanks for your advice :thumb:

Reaction score
The GTo2 is a steal man, if you possibly, possibly can, get it. Thats if your after a PCIe card.

Reaction score
Yep, im after a PCIe card but i have gone for the PowerColor X800GTO 256MB DDR3 which i bought for £105 and it will arrive monday. Sure the GTO2 is a great card but i really think the X800GTO will do what i want it from a gfx card.

Another thing, how long do you think the X800GTO will last before i would need to upgrade? And the same about the X800GTO2.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
for game support you'll probably get 12-18 months out of them maybe more

Reaction score
Hmm, im kind of wondering whether or not i should of spend the extra £30 :(

Does anyone here have a X800GTO or X800GTO2?

Reaction score
The GTO2 will probably overclock to 50% more speed than what you just ordered. for £30!!!!

Reaction score
It's only the Sapphire version thats a guarenteed pipeline unlocker though, isn't it?

Anyway, speaking of 30 quid, my 6800gt 256mb is currently going for that much on eBay, and theres only 48hours left. Thats RIDICULOUS! And I forgot to put a reserve price on it. So you might want to have a look there instead! (see the for sale/wanted section for more)

Ask a Question