my new speakers/some advice needed

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
Hi i recently order a set of the logitech z-5400 speakers. They arrived yesterday and they sound great:thumb: Anyways i was flipping through the instruction manual today andtook notice of the digital optical input ports. Now i use these speakers for my ipod any my pc. If i got a soundcard with digital out would it boost the sound performance from the computer? Also it says in the manual that if you use the digital you can use the dolby digital 5.1 decoder and it says that you really benefit from that when watching a dvd.

So with this digital thing if i watched a dvd on my computer would the sound be alot better?

If so do you have any reccomendations on a decent sound card (im using on board sound atm) so it doesnt have to be anything fancy.

Or is there some sort of adaptor i could get for my current sound card?

I dont want to spend over £40 (is this possible?)

Or would i get very minimal benefit from doing this that it wouldnt be worthwile?

All you views and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Just remebered it has a digital coax connector aswell im not sure if that makes things any easier or not ot makes it sound better but thought i would add it to the post:thumb:

Thanks in advance,
chelseafc2005

Last edited:

Ask a Question