My Network Places desktop icon

Miles

I have only one computer and don't use a network. Is there a way to
get rid of the "My Network Places" icon from the desktop?

Yes..

Right click an empty area on the desktop | Properties | Desktop | Customize
Desktop.

Uncheck My Network places. Ok.

Haggis

Miles said:
I have only one computer and don't use a network. Is there a way to
get rid of the "My Network Places" icon from the desktop?

right click anywhere on the desktop ...choose properties and then run the
"desktop cleanup wizard"

check the box beside the icons you don't want....

Ed.

Right Click on a blank area of your Desktop.
Click on Properties.
Click on the Desktop Tab.
Click on the Customize Desktop button near the bottom.
Go to the General Tab.
For Desktop Icons - Uncheck the My Network Places.
Click OK.
Click OK again.

Miles

Thanks. That does get them off the desktop, although
they are still listed as on the desktop in Explorer.
Dick