    having to do this several times a day. Other than
    deleting and recreating my account, does anyone have any
    ideas?

    someone new, Jan 8, 2004

  2. Hi-

    I would double check any services (local or domain) that you may have
    inadvertently tied your domain account to with the old password or even an
    application of some sort uses your old account. Also, did you search the
    security logs on your DC for events 529 and 644? Those are for lockouts. It
    would identify from what machine your account is getting locked at.

    --
    Thanks,
    Richard Moreno

    rights.

    Richard Moreno, Jan 8, 2004

  3. someone new

    Guest Guest

    I had this same thing happen. My issues was I was logged
    in via terminal services to a few machines which I never
    logged out of and it seemed to try and re-authenticate me
    every so often and would lock me out. you might check
    that.

    confers no

    Guest, Jan 8, 2004
  4. Hi Richard,

    In order for you to troubleshoot you Account Lockouts.

    First Make sure that the systems involved in the account lockouts if they
    are Windows 2000 are on At least SP3.
    If you cannot update the systems to SP 3 make sure they have at least:

    327784 Windows 2000 Server May Hang After a Local Backup Completes
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=327784

    Also you will want to review the following:

    315585 Account Lockout Troubleshooter
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315585

    818078 Your User Account May Be Prematurely Locked Out
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=818078

    817701 Service Packs and Hotfixes That Are Available to Resolve Account
    Lockout
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=817701

    Also here is a weblink to Microsoft's download page. On this download page
    it explains about some of the different tools to help troubleshoot account
    lockouts.

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...9c-91f3-4e63-8629-b999adde0b9e&DisplayLang=en

    Lastly you will need to increase you security logs to about 50 Megs to
    properly troubleshoot this problem to find out what is causing your account
    lockouts.

    Robert Greene [MSFT], Jan 9, 2004