[My Network] is not accessible

Jim Anthony

From: "Jim Anthony" <[email protected]>
Subject: [My Network] is not accessible
Date: Saturday, November 01, 2003 4:18 PM

When I try to view my network locations I keep getting the following error:

[My Network] is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if
you have access permissions.

The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available.

This also ocurrs if I am trying to map a drive location.

This is a home net and I am the administrator (rookie). I have run the net
set-up and used it on my laptop and it has seen my workstation before but
after a re-run, it came back with the above MWN error.

What to do???

Eric

Is the XP built in firewall (or any firewall) running on
the machine? The XP built in firewall is only for direct
connections to the Internet and should be disabled on
local area networks.

Jim Anthony

Still in need of help after lookong thru the google search finds

My network is into a cable modem - to a router w/firewall - to a router - to
three machines. All systems have norton ativirus but have disabled the auto
protect.

And when I do see the computer names but double click I will get a network
path not found???