My Document shortcut doesn't work

Yama

The hyperlink shortcut for "My Document" within Windows
Explorer doesn't work.

There are three shortcuts on the right pane of Windows
Explorer when My Computer is selected on the left pane.
These shortcuts are "My Documents", "My Network Places",
and "Network and Dial-up Connections". The first two
shortcuts do not work, but the "Network and Dial-up
Connections" shortcut works just fine.

I tried logging as a different user and encountered the
same problem. I also ensured all current Windows critical
updates were installed.

Any idea would be appreciated.

Joe Griffin [MSFT]

What error messaage are you receiving.
Joe Griffin [MS]
From: "Yama" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Yama" <[email protected]>
Subject: My Document shortcut doesn't work
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 09:26:20 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system

The hyperlink shortcut for "My Document" within Windows
Explorer doesn't work.

There are three shortcuts on the right pane of Windows
Explorer when My Computer is selected on the left pane.
These shortcuts are "My Documents", "My Network Places",
and "Network and Dial-up Connections". The first two
shortcuts do not work, but the "Network and Dial-up
Connections" shortcut works just fine.

I tried logging as a different user and encountered the
same problem. I also ensured all current Windows critical
updates were installed.

Any idea would be appreciated.

Yama

There's no error message. Usually, when you take the mouse
over a hyperlink, the arrow changes to a hand. However,
the mouse arrow does not change to a hand when I take the
arrow to the first two hyperlinks.

dave22479

All our computers have the same problem. This is not an
isolated problem, may have been caused with SP4? Anyone
with an idea, let me know. There is no error, the link
merely responds as if it is broken.

Joe Griffin [MSFT]

On my 2000 machine the mouse does not change. However, when I click the
plus to the left of My Documents the folder expands to show the subfolders.

When My Documents is selected the contents show in the right pane. And if
you select File, Properties, and the Target Tab you will see the path to
the target. You also have an option to either Find the target or Restore
Default.

Joe Griffin [MS]

The hyperlink shortcut for "My Document" within Windows
Explorer doesn't work.

There are three shortcuts on the right pane of Windows
Explorer when My Computer is selected on the left pane.
These shortcuts are "My Documents", "My Network Places",
and "Network and Dial-up Connections". The first two
shortcuts do not work, but the "Network and Dial-up
Connections" shortcut works just fine.

I tried logging as a different user and encountered the
same problem. I also ensured all current Windows critical
updates were installed.

Any idea would be appreciated.

Yama

There's no problem accessing My Document folder from the
desktop or from the left pane of Windows Explorer. I can't
access the hyperlink of My Document which is on the right
pane. The "Enable Web content in folders" option has to be
checked in Folder Option before you could ses the
hyperlink.