    of each line, But NO Borders?? It's now doing this on every single excel
    document that I have that shows borders on it. None Print out!?! PLEASE if
    anyone can help me, this is SO aggravating! Sincerely, Candace/shawsec.

    shawsec, Mar 20, 2008

  2. shawsec

    Ryan Guest

    I've had a couple users with this problem too. It seemed to vary depending
    on the printer they used i.e. when they printed it on a bigger more expensive
    printer it came out normally

    Ryan, Mar 20, 2008

  3. shawsec

    GuruGirl Guest

    Having some trouble understanding the phrasing of your question...can you
    please redefine the following part?

    "has All borders on it."...Do you mean the gridlines are Black or visible?

    "So, that it appears with each line, and each column seperated."...separated
    by what? Lines or empty columns?

    Sorry not getting the question....try again.

    GuruGirl, Mar 23, 2008
  4. shawsec

    shawsec Guest

    "has All borders on it."...Do you mean the gridlines are Black or visible?

    **Meaning, that YES all the Borders are black and visible, just as they
    should be.

    "So, that it appears with each line, and each column seperated."...separated
    by what? Lines or empty columns?

    **Seperated by LINES, The Borders that are set in my spreadsheet.

    **Everything shows up perfectly when I pull up my spreadsheet by double
    clicking on it, it even looks correct when I do a Print Preview, but when I
    click on Print, the paper that comes out of my printer ONLY has TEXT on it,
    It's all located in the right places, but there are NO
    lines/borders/gridlines at all on the printed document!
    Thanks

    shawsec, Mar 25, 2008
  5. shawsec

    GuruGirl Guest

    Yep, agree, printer issue, drivers probably.

    You can always try cutting and pasting your data into a new workbook, save
    it, set up the page again, and see if a new workbook solves the issue, that
    is assuming that the file used to print just fine from the same printer in
    the past. Quirky.

    GuruGirl, Mar 26, 2008
  6. shawsec

    Cobra2140 Guest

    I disagree.
    I am having the same problem which is driving me and my associates crazy.
    Any thick borders print just fine, the standard size borders will not.

    In order to get all the borders to print we have to do one of the following
    things:
    1: go to print preview and either turn margins on or off, then print.
    2: select a cell, then go to borders, cancel out back to the spreadsheet,
    then print.
    3: go to print preview, zoom in on the document, then zoom back out, then
    print.
    4: Save and close the document and reopen it, then print.

    I know none of these solutions should have anything to do with getting the
    borders to print, and they sound completely rediculous, but for some reason
    doing one of these actually works.... Sometimes.

    Cobra2140, Jun 3, 2008
  7. shawsec

    Cyndy Loomis Guest

    I have been having issues with this myself and found that if I don't set the print area the grid lines will print.

    Cyndy Loomis, Jul 2, 2008
  8. shawsec

    LC Guest

    I'm having the same problem and my users are getting very aggravated. The
    borders show up on the screen and in print preview, but not when printed.
    I've tried several different printers and have the same result. I've updated
    drivers and haven't been able to resolve. The only thing I can find is that
    it seems to happen where there are items outside of the print area. If you
    copy the content in the print area to a new worksheet and don't set the print
    area it prints fine. Or we found that printing one page at a time works too.
    We didn’t have the problem until upgrading to Office 2007.

    LC, Jul 31, 2008
  9. shawsec

    Lorri Guest

    "Cyndy Loomis" wrote:

    > I have been having issues with this myself and found that if I don't set the print area the grid lines will print.

    Thanks Cyndy, after trying the other suggestions here, yours was the one
    that finally worked for me.
    Smiles,

    Lorri, Mar 28, 2010
  10. shawsec

    kprice

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I tried all of Guru Girl's suggestions and the last one worked; save, close and then reopen the Excel doc and print. Just out of the blue this started happening to me last week. Crazy.:confused:

    kprice, Feb 20, 2012