Windows XP multiple msiexe.exe files

Reaction score
My "working in background" cursor is flickering constantly. In the task manager, I have 3 msiexe.exe processes and 1 of the three disappears and then reappears at the same time the CPU spikes and then goes back down.

I recently installed Office Standard 2007 and am using the Outlook 2007. When the Working in Background cursor flickers, the typing tab shoots to the beginning of the line of text. For Example, I'll try to type the name "Sean" in the Find window. As I'm typing the cursor will jump and it will come out "anSe". Is this related?

I am using a Dell desktop with XP w/McAfee. I ROCK at email, but that is about the extent of my computer knowledge.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCR

Microsoft's Windows Installer program which handles .MSI product installation files. This program does not normally run in the background if it is not in use.

Many Windows XP users, however, have reported seeing MSIEXEC in their Task manager ... seems to me the 50years between 2002 & 2007 are just getting the better of XP

Try, Decrapifier a program originally written for the likes of Dell, helps you get rid of unwanted pre-loaded programs.

Other than that, uninstall-reinstall ...

:user:

Ask a Question