multiple images in one powerpoint slide

Discussion in 'Microsoft Powerpoint' started by Guest, Apr 6, 2004.

    Hi

    How can I insert multiple images in one powerpoint slide, and when the presentation is shown, scrolling the mouse can navigate between the images. Thanks a lot!

    Guest, Apr 6, 2004

    PPTMagician Guest

    Hi David,

    Can you be a little more specific?
    You can insert as many images as you want on a slide and then when you show
    the slide show move your mouse pointer all over the slide so I'm confused
    about what you're trying to do.

    Thanks,
    Glenna

    PPTMagician, Apr 6, 2004

    PPTMagician Guest

    Hi David,
    Have you tried custom animations? Click on any image, right click and
    select custom animations.

    HTH,
    Glenna

    "David" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Glenna,
    >
    > Thank you a lot for your help!
    >
    > For example, I can insert multiple images in one PowerPoint slide. The

    images are organized as a stack of images, i.e. the early inserted images
    are covered by later covered images. Then, I press F5 to show the
    presentation. Only the top most image on the image stack is shown for that
    slide. The Page Up, Page Down key and the mouse scrolling can only switch
    between slides. So I want to find out a way to help user navigate between
    the images on the image stack. For example, mouse scrolling or define a
    button in the slide and when user click the button, it can change the order
    of the image stack. Thanks!

    PPTMagician, Apr 7, 2004

    Hi Glenna

    Thank you a lot! I tried custom animation of pictures. It is just what I want. Here I have another question: how can I add custom animation to the pictures from my code? Because I have a lot of images to insert and add effect. I don't want to do it manually. I tried the Record Macro tool of PowerPoint, but it seems it does not record anything related to the add animation part. So how can I add animation from my code?

    thank you a lot!

    Guest, Apr 7, 2004

    Thanks a lot! That is exactly what I need. Now I have another question. I tried to program user C++ instead of VB to set the animation properties of each image. Here is part of my code

    // Get DISPID for the AnimationSettings method in Shape objec
    szFunction = OLESTR("AnimationSettings")
    hr = pDispShape->GetIDsOfNames(IID_NULL, &szFunction, 1, LOCALE_USER_DEFAULT, &dispid_ShpAnimSet)
    // Invoke the AnimationSettings method in Shape objec
    hr = pDispShape->Invoke(dispid_ShpAnimSet, IID_NULL, LOCALE_USER_DEFAULT, DISPATCH_PROPERTYGET, &dpNoArgs, &vResult, &excep, NULL)

    if(FAILED(hr)) PPTErrHandler(hr, excep);

    // Get IDispatch* for the AnimationSettings objec
    pDispAnimation = vResult.pdispVal

    // Get DISPID for the Animate method on AnimationSettings objec
    szFunction = OLESTR("Animate")
    hr = pDispAnimation->GetIDsOfNames(IID_NULL, &szFunction, 1, LOCALE_USER_DEFAULT, &dispid_AnimAnimate)

    // Prepare parameters for AnimationOrder metho
    VARIANT vArgsAnm[1];
    DISPPARAMS dpAnm;

    vArgsAnm[0].vt = VT_I4; // Parameter type: lon
    vArgsAnm[0].lVal = -1; // Animate = MsoTriState:msoTru

    dpAnm.cArgs = 1; // Function takes 1 parameters
    dpAnm.cNamedArgs = 0
    dpAnm.rgvarg = vArgsAnm

    // Invoke the TextLevelEffect method on AnimationSettings objec
    hr = pDispAnimation->Invoke(dispid_AnimAnimate, IID_NULL, LOCALE_USER_DEFAULT, DISPATCH_METHOD, &dpAnm, &vResult, &excep, NULL)

    The program always fail the last statement with error message: Member not found. Do you know what's wrong with my last statement? Thank you!

    Guest, Apr 8, 2004
  6. Sorry, whatever (limited) expertise I have in programming PowerPoint is
    with VBA. Perhaps someone else can help you with C++.
    --David

    --
    David M. Marcovitz, Ph.D.
    Director of Graduate Programs in Educational Technology

    David M. Marcovitz, Apr 8, 2004

    Thanks anyway! And some addition to my code. I tried two different parameters of my last call

    1) hr = pDispAnimation->Invoke(dispid_AnimAnimate, IID_NULL, LOCALE_USER_DEFAULT, DISPATCH_METHOD, &dpAnm, &vResult, &excep, NULL)

    The forthe parameter is: DISPATCH_METHOD. The error message is: Member not found

    2) hr = pDispAnimation->Invoke(dispid_AnimAnimate, IID_NULL, LOCALE_USER_DEFAULT, DISPATCH_PROPERTYPUT, &dpAnm, &vResult, &excep, NULL)

    The forthe parameter is: DISPATCH_PROPERTYPUT. The error message is: Parameter not found

    Can anyone help me find out what the problem is? Thanks a lot

    Guest, Apr 8, 2004