Multiple files open when starting Excel

Madhu

Hi All,

We have Excel 2003 in the office and when ever I double click on Excel to
start the application, it starts opening all the files in the folder where
other saved worksheets are saved, and wont just allow me to open a fresh
worksheet!

I have tried to uninstall and re-install Excel on my computer, but no joy

Can anyone tell me how I can resolve this issue?

Thanks to everyone who reply

Madhu

Jim Cone

See what is contained under...
Tools | Options | General (tab) | "At startup, open all files in:"
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Madhu" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
Hi All,
We have Excel 2003 in the office and when ever I double click on Excel to
start the application, it starts opening all the files in the folder where
other saved worksheets are saved, and wont just allow me to open a fresh
worksheet!
I have tried to uninstall and re-install Excel on my computer, but no joy
Can anyone tell me how I can resolve this issue?
Thanks to everyone who reply
Madhu

Madhu

Thanks Jim

Do you mean under Excel?

If so, there are 1000's of saved files in the folder and its trying to open
all these files! It does not stop trying to load all the files and eventually
my PC runs out of memory and the PC crashes

Madhu

Jim Cone

Yes, Excel.
What is in the text box at the location I specified?
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Madhu" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
Thanks Jim
Do you mean under Excel?
If so, there are 1000's of saved files in the folder and its trying to open
all these files! It does not stop trying to load all the files and eventually
my PC runs out of memory and the PC crashes
Madhu

Jim Cone

Further...
If you can't open Excel, then move the files in the problem folder
to another folder; open Excel and delete everything in the
textbox at the location I specified.
Then move the files back to the original folder.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Jim Cone" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
Yes, Excel.
What is in the text box at the location I specified?

Madhu

Thanks Jim

That seems to have solved the problem

Thanks once again for all your help