Multiple Correlations and Multicollinearity

montreal1775

I was wondering if there is a way to get excel to run correlation tes
between every combination of 37 or 38 independent variable. I need t
find the best way to reduce multicollinearity, and finding ever
possible correlation would give me the best idea of which direction t
take. I know the actual computation would take quite a while, but th
computer that would run the tests is very fast, so even 38! run
shouldn't take very long.

I was also wondering if there was a way to find correlation between on
independent variable and every possible combination of the others
although this would take much more computing time and might not eve
be necessary.

Any guidance is appreciated

montreal1775

Which are the best packages? Do you think they can run multipl
correlation tests over several columns, or would I need to find a macr
to do that?

Thanks for your response

montreal1775

Also, I know Excel has a correlation function, so the only difficulty i
automating it to run and rerun the test over a range. If you think ther
is a way to do so with a macro or otherwise, please let me know

Mike Middleton

montreal1775 -

Tools | Data Analysis | Correlation

If Data Analysis doesn't appear on your Tools menu, check the Analysis
ToolPak box at Tools | Add-Ins. If it's not listed there, add it from your
Office/Excel installation CD.

Please don't post in multiple forums, and if you must, please state that you
are doing so.

- Mike
http://www.mikemiddleton.com

"montreal1775" <[email protected]>