From: (e-mail address removed)
To: (e-mail address removed)
Subject: Test
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:19:27 +0200

This is a MIME-encapsulated message

--==_13514717100007/SIMONT64.simon.dom==_

plain text body

--==_13514717100007/SIMONT64.simon.dom==_

<b>Footer</b>

--==_13514717100007/SIMONT64.simon.dom==_--

Brian Tillman

Simon Tyler said:
Outlook seems to have some limitations on multipart mixed messages.
If you have a message (example below) with 2 parts then only one of
them is displayed, the other is displayed as an attachment. Other
clients such as Thunderbord can cope with this.

What version of Outlook? Outlook 2002/2003 can certainly handle a message
of the format you describe. I though OL 2000 could handle it, too, but it's
bee a while since I used that version.

I have tested in Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2003 - neither display the message
correctly. I believe Outlook 2002 also suffers the problem. Outlook 2000 is
too old to matter :)

The problem in that there are TWO inline sections. In the example I gave I
would expect the client to displayL

--start

plain text body

Footer

--end

However Outlook only displays one of these, the other is shown as an
attachment requiring the user to click on it to open it.

Other clients (every one I have tried) display both sections simultaneously.

Simon