Mt. Rainier is the mountain on ascent.jpg desktop wallpaper

Jef Charlier

what's the mountain on ascent.jpg desktop wallpaper of windows xp ?

see C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper\Ascent.jpg

Seen wrong answer in the past, so here a correct answer, copied from another
news group.

Newsgroups: rec.climbing
Subject: mountain on the giant wall poster

It is Mt. Rainier, You are right ..

( So, it is not the Kilimanjaro, Whistler or Blackcomb. )

The black rock profile matches the Little Tahoma
http://www.turns-all-year.com/gpans1label/source/3.html
Northeast side of Mt. Rainier Little Tahoma
http://www.turns-all-year.com/gpans1label/source/9.html

- Jef
Isn't that Rainier? (WA-USA)

-Mike

Greg rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
Does anyone which mountain (and where) is featured in the
Windows XP wallpaper, ascent.jpg. I've met a number of
persons who like it as their wallpaper but nobody knows
which mountain it is. I've checked everywhere I could on
the web and can't find a clue. There's no information in
the properties of the file itself. Thanks to anyone who > knows.>

Whistler or Blackcomb mountain I'm not sure which they're both in B.C.
Canada.