MSN Messenger

Hi, how come i can no longer use the "what i'm listening to" feature on
messenger 7? I have the feature enabled according to the messenger options
menu and i have also ticked the checkbox in the plugins menu of windows media
player. Any ideas? Thanks

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

Greetings Michael,

Also check in Messenger's Tools, Options, General category that you have 'Open Messenger main
window when Messenger starts' is selected and then try again.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

Hi, i'm afraid that hasn't worked. When i installed the plugin (can't
remember where from though) the feature worked even when i used itunes, now
it works with neither that or media player. Any other suggestions? Thanos
very much for the quick response. Michael

I'm afraid the problem has returned again. I've checked the messenger and
media player options and everything's ho it should be. Please help. Thanks

Yes, it stopped working for me as well. I dont even think it was between
upgrades. It just stopped working. Ive noticed just reciently and I dont
know when exactly. I tried upgrading to 7.5, and it still does not work.
Looking at the above posts, all the check boxes were checked on mine.
Anybody have any ideas?
Jason

Ok, I just realized why mine didnt show. I had updated WMP and it stopped.
You have to recheck it in the plugin options on WMP, then it worked.
jason

kermit

I'm afraid the problem has returned again. I've checked the
messenger and
media player options and everything's ho it should be. Please
help. Thanks

 > > Apologies. Just rebooted my pc and it's worked.
Thanks a lot!

 > > "Michael J" wrote:
 > >
  > >> Hi, i'm afraid that hasn't worked. When i
installed the plugin (can't
  > >> remember where from though) the feature
worked even when i used itunes, now
  > >> it works with neither that or media player.
Any other suggestions? Thanos
  > >> very much for the quick response. Michael

General category that you have 'Open Messenger
and then try again.

Messenger

http://messenger.jonathankay.com
(c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
rights.

<[email protected]> wrote in message

"what i'm listening to" feature on
according to the messenger options
in the plugins menu of windows media

hi im would like to say that to my knoledge that depending on music
file and what player it is used on is why it wont show only certain
players support that feature i would suggest converting your music
files into a player that supports that feature