MS Word .doc to Excel .xls

I have just received 25+ Work docs - each contains a table of line item
descriptors and corresponding numbers. The Word tables are picture objects.

Is there a way to easily convert those .doc picture objects to delimited
rows/columns that I can post to Excel? (i.e, so numbers and line item
descriptions exist in cells and can be maniplulated in an Excel sheet like
any normal Excel table of values?).

Thanks in advance ....

{bill m}

James Silverton

Hello, WCM!
You wrote on Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:36:01 -0800:

W> Is there a way to easily convert those .doc picture objects
W> to delimited rows/columns that I can post to Excel? (i.e, so
W> numbers and line item descriptions exist in cells and can be
W> maniplulated in an Excel sheet like any normal Excel table
W> of values?).

W> Thanks in advance ....

If the "tables" are not actual Word tables but graphics, I
suggest you use OCR or print, scan and then use OCR.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Thank you James. I thought that OCR might be the only way to accomplish
this. Now I know. Much appreciated.