Access MS Access--Form buttons won't work

Reaction score
I'm running Office Pro 2007. I've been using the database for several months, entering data, making reports, etc. I entered data as late as noon today. I closed the database for awhile. Now, a couple of hours later, the forms open as usual, but none of the buttons work. The database is located in a "trusted" directory. I must have accidently bumped a disabling short-cut key set. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sounds like IE may have forgot its intranet trusted sites security (this reflects upon databases etc).
Tools-> Internet Options -> Security -> Local Intranet -> Sites
Tick Automatically detect and make sure the security is set to low.

Failing this then it may be that macros have been disabled.
These can be re-enabled within Access..... of the top of my head I can't remember the path to get the option sorry.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. It hadn't occurred to me to look before, but I find that the reason the buttons don't work is that all of my visual basic code is gone! So the question is: Did I accidently erase it somehow, or did I accidently hide it (and how do I unhide it)?

Ask a Question