Windows XP Moving e-mails/photos.

Reaction score
Hi good people.

I have some photographes in e-mails and I want to send them to a new folder in MicroSoft "My pictures." The e-mail program I use is within my AOL internet program. But in neither MicroSoft or AOL can I find a way to move e-mails to another folder. Can some one tell me how to go about it please.
I`m using XP home edition.
Many thanks for any replies.
historian

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
To get the picture simply right click on the actual photo in the email.

1)Then left click on "Save Picture As". This will bring up a box asking in which file or folder you want to put the pic - you would probably choose "My Pictures"

2)Left click on "Copy" and then go into your "My Pictures" file and right click on any unused (white) area and you should see an option to paste. Left click on "Paste" and your picture should appear.

Reaction score
Hi nivrip.

Many thanks for such a swift reply,I shall now go and move my picture.
Thanks.
historian

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Just to clarify things. I should have said that 1) and 2) are either/or options and not two stages in the same process.

Hope it didn't cause any confusion. :)

Niv

Reaction score
Hi nivrip.

I`ve tried to carry out your advice but nothing happens.
But I did notice that when I down load a picture from an e-mail it tranfers to "My Documents"
So I moved it from there into a new folder on my external H/D,so all is well.
But it`s a pity your suggestion didn`t work it sounded so simple.
Many thanks once again.
historian

Ask a Question