movie maker help needed

Reaction score
Ive made a movie and now want to add a song to it... I followed the instructions on screen but it wont open the file and I tried to add it many different ways. All my songs are stored in I tunes, is that causing the problem or am I doing something wrong??? Help

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
is the song you are trying to add an MP3 ? and is it copy protected ?

Reaction score
yes it is an MP3...I hve no idea if it is copy protected. How on earth do I get anything on to the movie then? Thanksf or your initial help by the way

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
if you downloaded them through iTunes then they will be copy protected which may explain it, there is an application thats free to download called myTunes which will remove the protection (this is where things start to get a little bit dodgy, i'm not sure about the legalities of this) and then you can use them in movie maker

Reaction score
right thanks.... I actually uploadded it from a CD I own but my computer automaically puts things into I tunes and I dont know how to set it differently... so that is probably the reason why.. thanks alot for your help

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
hmm, strange :confused: is there any error message ? or will it just not import the track ?

Reaction score
it will just not import that or any other track . go to the little lnk where you impor, look in my music, click on teh foder and it seects te album but brings up no tracks in it..I ve tried moving the song to other folders and still nothing.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
when the import window appears at the bottom there is a drop down box to filter out the different file types, click the arrow and from the list select all files if its not already selected

Reaction score
thanks for all your help I managed to unrotext the cd and import the ong no problem, now it stops before the end of my presentation... Im going crazy with it. Will now give it to a friend at work and see if they can sort it out for me... thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it

Ask a Question