Motherboard Device connections

J. Clarke

ColBlip said:
Anyone aware of a m/b where one can have a couple of SATA drives and 6 IDE
devices connected without add-in
cards?

Froogle '"4x ATA" motherboard' and you should get a bunch of hits. The
first one that comes up is the Soyo SY-KT880 Dragon 2, that has 4 IDE
channels and 4 SATA.

Peter

Anyone aware of a m/b where one can have a couple of SATA drives and 6 IDE
devices connected without add-in
cards?

Many ASUS motherboards provide support for at least 3 IDE channels
and at least 4 SATA drives:
P5GDC Deluxe
P5GD2
etc...

SteveH

ColBlip said:
Anyone aware of a m/b where one can have a couple of SATA drives and 6 IDE
devices connected without add-in
cards?

Thanks.

ColBlip.
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)
My Gigabyte GA7 NNXP supports 8 ide devices (4 on the Raid controller)and I
think 4 Sata drives.

SteveH

ColBlip

Anyone aware of a m/b where one can have a couple of SATA drives and 6 IDE
devices connected without add-in
cards?

Thanks.

ColBlip.
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

Peter

Try ASUS A8V Deluxe.
Hello, Peter!
You wrote on Sun, 10 Apr 2005 17:39:32 -0400:

Whoops, should have been more specific. Non-Pentium. If I have to suffer
thru the change figure I will go with a Athlon64, preferably socket 939.

Thanks.

ColBlip.
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

??>> Anyone aware of a m/b where one can have a couple of SATA drives and 6
??>> IDE devices connected without add-in cards?

P> Many ASUS motherboards provide support for at least 3 IDE channels
P> and at least 4 SATA drives:
P> P5GDC Deluxe
P> P5GD2
P> etc...
=----

ColBlip

Hello, Peter!
You wrote on Sun, 10 Apr 2005 17:39:32 -0400:

Whoops, should have been more specific. Non-Pentium. If I have to suffer
thru the change figure I will go with a Athlon64, preferably socket 939.

Thanks.

ColBlip.
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

??>> Anyone aware of a m/b where one can have a couple of SATA drives and 6
??>> IDE devices connected without add-in cards?

P> Many ASUS motherboards provide support for at least 3 IDE channels
P> and at least 4 SATA drives:
P> P5GDC Deluxe
P> P5GD2
P> etc...

ColBlip

Hello, jpsga!
You wrote on Sun, 10 Apr 2005 23:15:52 -0400:

If I stay with my Athlon XP looks like this one will take my equipment,
including my AGP card. Are you happy with this board? Warts?

Thanks.

ColBlip.
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

j> ??>> ??>>> Anyone aware of a m/b where one can have a couple of SATA drives and
??>>> 6 IDE devices connected without add-in cards?
??>>>
??>>> Thanks.
??>>>
??>>> ColBlip.
??>>> E-mail: (e-mail address removed)
??>>>
??>> My Gigabyte GA7 NNXP supports 8 ide devices (4 on the Raid
??>> controller)and I think 4 Sata drives.
??>>
??>> SteveH
??>>
j> GA-7N400 Pro2 Ver2 will do that.
j> JPS

ColBlip

Hello, Peter!
You wrote on Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:04:27 -0400:

This was a board I was looking at previously but it doesn't appear to
support more than 4 IDE devices (unless I am blind to the spec, which is
possible).

Thanks.

ColBlip.
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

P> Try ASUS A8V Deluxe.

??>> Hello, Peter!
??>> You wrote on Sun, 10 Apr 2005 17:39:32 -0400:
??>>
??>> Whoops, should have been more specific. Non-Pentium. If I have to
??>> suffer thru the change figure I will go with a Athlon64, preferably
??>> socket 939.
??>>
??>> Thanks.
??>>
??>> ColBlip.
??>> E-mail: (e-mail address removed)
??>>
??>>>> Anyone aware of a m/b where one can have a couple of SATA drives and
P> 6
??>>>> IDE devices connected without add-in cards?
??>>
P>>> Many ASUS motherboards provide support for at least 3 IDE channels
P>>> and at least 4 SATA drives:
P>>> P5GDC Deluxe
P>>> P5GD2
P>>> etc...
??>>
??>> ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet
P> News==----
??>> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
120,000+
??>> ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption
P> =----

ColBlip

Hello, Peter!
You wrote on Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:04:27 -0400:

Another whoops on my part? Does the Promise controller handle the extra 2
IDE devices in addition to the m/b Southbridge handling 4 plus my 2 SATA
raid devices?

Thanks.

ColBlip.
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

P> Try ASUS A8V Deluxe.

??>> Hello, Peter!
??>> You wrote on Sun, 10 Apr 2005 17:39:32 -0400:
??>>
??>> Whoops, should have been more specific. Non-Pentium. If I have to
??>> suffer thru the change figure I will go with a Athlon64, preferably
??>> socket 939.
??>>
??>> Thanks.
??>>
??>> ColBlip.
??>> E-mail: (e-mail address removed)
??>>
??>>>> Anyone aware of a m/b where one can have a couple of SATA drives and
P> 6
??>>>> IDE devices connected without add-in cards?
??>>
P>>> Many ASUS motherboards provide support for at least 3 IDE channels
P>>> and at least 4 SATA drives:
P>>> P5GDC Deluxe
P>>> P5GD2
P>>> etc...
??>>
??>> ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet
P> News==----
??>> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
120,000+
P> Newsgroups
??>> ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption
P> =----

Peter

I don't know, just reading the specs.
The only limitations of the Promise controller is that does not support
ATAPI devices (CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, etc.), but otherwise I did
not see any restrictions on concurrent (with Southbridge) usage.
Hello, Peter!
You wrote on Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:04:27 -0400:

Another whoops on my part? Does the Promise controller handle the extra 2
IDE devices in addition to the m/b Southbridge handling 4 plus my 2 SATA
raid devices?

Thanks.

ColBlip.
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

P> Try ASUS A8V Deluxe.

??>> Hello, Peter!
??>> You wrote on Sun, 10 Apr 2005 17:39:32 -0400:
??>>
??>> Whoops, should have been more specific. Non-Pentium. If I have to
??>> suffer thru the change figure I will go with a Athlon64, preferably
??>> socket 939.
??>>
??>> Thanks.
??>>
??>> ColBlip.
??>> E-mail: (e-mail address removed)
??>>
??>>>> Anyone aware of a m/b where one can have a couple of SATA drives and
P> 6
??>>>> IDE devices connected without add-in cards?
??>>
P>>> Many ASUS motherboards provide support for at least 3 IDE channels
P>>> and at least 4 SATA drives:
P>>> P5GDC Deluxe
P>>> P5GD2
P>>> etc...