more spiders and daddy longlegs than usual this autumn

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8273960.stm

So get a chair handy. Thats if your scared of spiders.
laughingsmiley.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
We've had LOADS of house spiders this year - about 3 weeks ago I was finding a couple a day :eek:. I had to keep capuring them in pint glasses and releasing them out of the Window on to the roof... no doubt finding a way back in a few days later ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I have one big boy that comes out to play at 9 o'clock regular as clockwork. I recon he likes the movies. Don't bother me as I am usually curled up in me recliner at that time. :D

The wrens in the hedge will love the extra food aswell.
nod.gif

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I don't mind spiders at all but my missus hates them. I have a regular job of taking them outside after capture.

One way to reduce numbers is to put conkers around the house. It seems that spiders hate the smell of conkers and rapidly move away. :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Aaarrgh! I'm sure they actually KNOW when you don't want to get up-close-and-personal with them. In our house, Terry is chief spider catcher, we've got a couple of those little spider-hoover thingies, which will gently suck them up into a tube, so that they can be taken outside and released unharmed. Clever devices, but I can't even bear to get that close. I am genuinely phobic about them and having come face to face with one lurking in a cupboard yesterday, I still feel jumpy and uncomfortable. :eek:

Reaction score
I love spiders I have quite a few in my home and they stay, no flies on me:D

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Aaarrgh! I'm sure they actually KNOW when you don't want to get up-close-and-personal with them. In our house, Terry is chief spider catcher, we've got a couple of those little spider-hoover thingies, which will gently suck them up into a tube, so that they can be taken outside and released unharmed. Clever devices, but I can't even bear to get that close. I am genuinely phobic about them and having come face to face with one lurking in a cupboard yesterday, I still feel jumpy and uncomfortable. :eek:

Hi Taffy,
My gf is arachnaphobic as well.....when she spots a spider she just freezes up and calls me to get rid of 'em.
Then all the lights go on and stay on til she's asleep.
nod.gif
Her toes actually curl up in terror and it takes her ages to relax them......i get to be the hero though:D....winter will be here any minute and they'll all be gone.
Be brave.

Ask a Question