More options than WinKey?

PaulFXH

Hi
I use WinKey (free from Copernic but no longer supported) to provide
HotKeys for a huge variety of apps/procedures on my computer. I really
do find this so much more convenient than click-click-clicking around
with the mouse.

WinKey offers about 130 HotKey options and I currently am getting close
to using 100 of these.

Does anybody know of an "upgraded" WinKey or variant that provides more
HotKey options (e.g. by using the Alt and Alt-L keys)?
TIA
Paul

Jackson

PaulFXH said:
[snipped]
Does anybody know of an "upgraded" WinKey or variant that provides
more HotKey options (e.g. by using the Alt and Alt-L keys)?
TIA
Paul

I use and like Hotkey Helper, mainly because it seems more
stable(robust?) than its competition, but also because it provides for
more entries than my earlier choice. As far as I can tell, one can use
"Win + <Page Up>", or ""Ctrl + Alt +P", or "Ctrl + WIN + Alt +7", or any
such expression. Of course, there may be an artificial barrier I know
nothing of. It's less fancy looking than many others, but is thoroughly
reliable.

http://www.tucows.com/preview/352676

Richard Huber

I use WinKey (free from Copernic but no longer supported) to provide
HotKeys for a huge variety of apps/procedures on my computer. I really
do find this so much more convenient than click-click-clicking around
with the mouse.

Try AutoHotkey. You can download it here...

http://www.autohotkey.com/download/

It's really great and has so many oportunities.
It's free. And there will be one or two new releases every month.

Try it and yor will be amazed

Richard

dadiOH

PaulFXH said:
Hi
I use WinKey (free from Copernic but no longer supported) to provide
HotKeys for a huge variety of apps/procedures on my computer. I really
do find this so much more convenient than click-click-clicking around
with the mouse.

WinKey offers about 130 HotKey options and I currently am getting
close to using 100 of these.

Does anybody know of an "upgraded" WinKey or variant that provides
more HotKey options (e.g. by using the Alt and Alt-L keys)?
TIA
Paul

Hotkey Plus has no quantity limitations. Modifying keys are Win, Shift,
Ctrl and Alt either individually or in any combination. Any keyboard key
can be used in conjunction with a modifier.
http://www.brianapps.net/hotkeyplus/

dadiOH

PaulFXH

Hi
Thanks to everybody for posting your alternatives to WinKey.
All seem interesting products although I can't seem to locate anything
for Hotkey Helper other than the DownLoad page.
Nevertheless, AutoHotKey does seem to be in a class of its own in that
it incorporates scripting opportunities, is from a highly reputable and
competent company, has a very active forum and, as Richard says, I'm
going to be amazed.
It is, of course, possible to be amazed for totally negative reasons
but I'm sure this is not what Richard meant.
Will try AutoHotKey very soon.

Thanks again
Paul

Susan Bugher

PaulFXH said:
Thanks to everybody for posting your alternatives to WinKey.
All seem interesting products although I can't seem to locate anything
for Hotkey Helper other than the DownLoad page.

The old home page is dead - see:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.wpgsoft.com/

New home page:
http://www.wpgsoft.net/

latest version:
Hotkey Helper 1.51

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Franklin

Hi
I use WinKey (free from Copernic but no longer supported) to
provide HotKeys for a huge variety of apps/procedures on my
computer. I really do find this so much more convenient than
click-click-clicking around with the mouse.

WinKey offers about 130 HotKey options and I currently am getting
close to using 100 of these.

Does anybody know of an "upgraded" WinKey or variant that provides
more HotKey options (e.g. by using the Alt and Alt-L keys)?

Great product. Use of the WIN key as part of the hotkey combo gives
this a marvellous response and high priority on the system.

PaulFXH

Franklin escreveu:
Great product. Use of the WIN key as part of the hotkey combo gives
this a marvellous response and high priority on the system.

Hi Franklin
Not sure to what you are referring here. Are you simply commenting on
the Copernic WinKey product or are you suggesting an upgrade
possibility (which is what my first post was about) that you forgot to
mention?
TIA
Paul

Franklin

Franklin escreveu:

Hi Franklin Not sure to what you are referring here. Are you simply
commenting on the Copernic WinKey product or are you suggesting an
upgrade possibility (which is what my first post was about) that
you forgot to mention?

Hiya Paul. Am referring to Copernic. I haven't found anything as
good (=responsive and high priority) as this little simple utility.
I am sure something must exist. Other people may not be clear that
CTRL SHIT ALT LETTER combos feel very different to WIN combos!

But as you are twisting my arm :) then I would suggest you try
PowerPro (which is free) as it will issue commands "outside" the
Windows shell and it can set the WINkey with or without SHIFT, CTRL
or ALT. So you get a lot of extra combos.

Powerpro has a few mirrores home pages and this is as good as any:
http://powerpro.webeddie.com/

Powerpro can feel a bit complicated at first but hang on in there,
read the sample config and you need to set a new key on the
"Key/Mouse" definition screen.

PaulFXH

Franklin escreveu:
Hiya Paul. Am referring to Copernic. I haven't found anything as
good (=responsive and high priority) as this little simple utility.
I am sure something must exist. Other people may not be clear that
CTRL SHIT ALT LETTER combos feel very different to WIN combos!

But as you are twisting my arm :) then I would suggest you try
PowerPro (which is free) as it will issue commands "outside" the
Windows shell and it can set the WINkey with or without SHIFT, CTRL
or ALT. So you get a lot of extra combos.

Hi Franklin
Thanks for this information.
PowerPro seems a very interesting product which is an awful lot more
than just a substitute for WinKey. In this, it seems to be on a par
with AutoHotKey which was mentioned earlier in this thread.
My initial impression is that AutoHotKey is somewhat more powerful as
it seems to allow hotkeying of some quite complex scripts (however,
this opinion is without having, as yet, any real experience with either
product).
I am impressed with PowerPro's very active NG which should be very
useful with such a complex and maleable software item.
Paul