More info on Valve's VR Headset

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The Verge have more info on the upcoming VR headset from Valve, called the "Vive":

The Vive Developer Edition uses two 1200 x 1080 displays that refresh at 90 frames per second, "eliminating jitter" and achieving "photorealistic imagery," according to HTC. The displays are said to envelope your entire field of vision with 360-degree views. The company says in a press release that it's the first device to offer a "full room-scale" experience, "letting you get up, walk around and explore your virtual space, inspect objects from every angle and truly interact with your surroundings."

Read the rest here:
http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/1/8127445/htc-vive-valve-vr-headset

Reaction score
I'm following this. Although I believe they will be expensive and Valve are not the only developers of the newer tech. I want to see some sort game footage using these. And also a comprehensive list of software and interfaces which will allow the use of these. I do not want to spend an extortionate amount of money on this technology if I can only use them on PC I want to use them on Console too. These with immersive audio and microphone would be an incredible asset to any online gamer and the market would be massive

Last thing I want to do is have to buy two different sets of VR headsets for different platforms. I understand that it ain't gonna happen,Probably not for a long time until someone develops a universal headset. But no harm in wishing?

Last edited:

Ask a Question