modify domain

nicolas29

hello
we use outlook for our mail
it is installed on one computer and download all the email for everyone (100
users)

actually our address are like secondname.firstname@domain
for example : (e-mail address removed)

we buy a new domain name medic-info.com

so now i have to modify all my email address i(to have now for the example
(e-mail address removed)) in outlook in one shoot with a .REG or a vbs
script or something else

is it possible ?

thanks a lot

Steven Du [MSFT]

Dear Nicolas,

As Christian mentioned, the email accounts are stored in the Outlook
profile registry keys.

I would like to explain that Outlook is just an email client program to
send or receive emails via the email server. If you would like to change
the email address from (e-mail address removed) to (e-mail address removed),
we need to make the changes on the server side, Active Directory or
Exchange Server because the domain name will be changed.

Even if the email address is changed from (e-mail address removed) to
(e-mail address removed) in Outlook Contact information, the new email
address (e-mail address removed) is no recognized by the email server and
it will not work. If the Exchange server is used in your company, we may
involve the Exchange support later.

Best regards,

Steven Du
Microsoft Online Support

From: =?Utf-8?B?bmljb2xhczI5?= <[email protected]>
Subject: modify domain
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 03:18:02 -0700

hello
we use outlook for our mail
it is installed on one computer and download all the email for everyone
(100
users)

actually our address are like secondname.firstname@domain
for example : (e-mail address removed)

we buy a new domain name medic-info.com

so now i have to modify all my email address i(to have now for the example
(e-mail address removed)) in outlook in one shoot with a .REG or a vbs
script or something else

is it possible ?

thanks a lot

Steven Du [MSFT]

Hello Nicolas,

How are you?

I haven't received any responses from you lately, and I am wondering if I
can provide further assistance or not. Please let me know if there is
anything that I can do for you. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Steven Du
Microsoft Online Support