Mod of the Month

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
We have a new section on PC Review, the "Mod of the Month" showcase, where you can show off your latest mod creation in the hope of winning!

So far we have four entries.... so get entering them :)

Mod of the Month

Reaction score
Thats right, we're trying to find the best mod of the month voted for by the people, eventually we will have a mod of the year compo where big prizes will be up for grabs!!

If your worried about losing, don't be! You can at least get to see how your mod rates, get it that extra publicity that you know it deserves and, if that wasn't enough already, there will be runner up prizes up for grabs for the best budget mod, most ghettolicious mod, etc.

So get those entries in people, and good luck!

:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yup, that sums it up :) There were a few good big mods but certainly not 12 in a year ;)

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
I just noticed 'Matt Jason H' in this thread....Is that the same guy who's name I have seen writing articles for 'PC-Extreme' magazine. He has written some excellent articles.

Anyway, back to the thread. Yes, it would be great to see more great mods every month, but I just don't think there are that many serious modders here. (Go on everyone, prove me wrong here) :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Cache-man said:
I just noticed 'Matt Jason H' in this thread....Is that the same guy who's name I have seen writing articles for 'PC-Extreme' magazine. He has written some excellent articles.

The one and the same :)

He should really drop by here a little more often though ;)

Oh, hi there Matt ;)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
He hasnt been here as often as before has he?

Reaction score
I've been quite busy with magazine articles recently. I'm glad you like my stuff Cache-man.

Fear not, I have some articles for PC Review on the way soon!

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Hey Matt - the most recent article I saw was "Electromodders Paradise", which really got me thinking about a few mods I might be able to do myself, such as the LCD panel. I'm not all that experienced with electronics and soldering irons though, but it should be a steady learning curve from what I can gather from your words. :)

Reaction score
Hey I'll post my Mod in a week or so, I'm moving,plus not totaly done yet ---- What counts in a mod -- I've got a lot of Budget parts in my case, and not nearly the same performance as most of you --- If its just looks and functionality then I'm in, but if processor speeds and all that count' I don't want to be embarrased by a review.

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Raje said:
Hey I'll post my Mod in a week or so, I'm moving,plus not totaly done yet ---- What counts in a mod -- I've got a lot of Budget parts in my case, and not nearly the same performance as most of you --- If its just looks and functionality then I'm in, but if processor speeds and all that count' I don't want to be embarrased by a review.

There are often different reason behind mods - some people do it purely for looks, and some do mods to help in boosting power of some kind, and some even do both. All of these modders though seek attention and respect from the computing community. Often that respect is justified and deserved for the work an individual has put in.
You will NOT be mocked for your mod if you have an old and slow CPU, thats obviously not whats important to your current project.
Most of us here simply enjoy looking at others computers and the customisations that have been applied. We are all looking for inspiration. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Raje said:
If its just looks and functionality then I'm in, but if processor speeds and all that count' I don't want to be embarrased by a review.

Then you're in :)

Look forward to seeing the pix.

Reaction score
On the subject of mods, I saw the Asus Verto case in the "flesh" for the first time today. I`ve heard its not the best of cases in terms of access or cooling (despite the vents) but it looks AMAZING. Totally over the top...Would be a good start for some mos...oh yes...

Reaction score
ok, just let me finish tinkering I tad bit more, I'm still working on some cable mangemenat, Its a mess in there. Plus I just moved so everything is pack, but pc is already unpaked (as if that be a question -- and I'm stealing internet from my new neibors...isn't wireless fun?? ). But soon, I promise.

Reaction score
hows the modding going guys :D and Ian we really do need ot get more people looking at the gallery more often :D

Reaction score
Long Overdue Pics

I just realized that i never posted anything from my pc, so I wnet ahead and took some pics with my cell phone, not the greatest pics but they will do, let me know what you think.

Attachments

• room setup 3.jpg
    room setup 3.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 248
  • room setup 4.jpg
    room setup 4.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 250
  • room setup 6.jpg
    room setup 6.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 248
  • room setup 7.jpg
    room setup 7.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 219
  • room setup 8.jpg
    room setup 8.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 233
  • room setup 9.jpg
    room setup 9.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 229
Reaction score
I know its a little bright, and maybe I'll add something to dim the lights in the future. I do have to turn off the light to sleep. But I still love looking at it, it looks even better in the dark, I'll take a few night shots.

Ask a Question