Mobile phone cashback offers

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the link - I've considered using a cashbask offer before, as it more than halved the contract price. I think I'll take a closer look if I ever consider it again :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Any purshase that promises cashback at a later date seriously needs avoiding big time..:nod:

Why not just give the cashback immediatley in the form of a sale price on the item being sold or money off perpherals for the phone...:wall:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Aye, I've always been wary of those deals, they're often nothing more than an empty promise and if they're genuine they're often extremely complicated to claim.

Can't beat cash in hand.

My previous new contract fell through recently or rather I pulled out, when I found out that although I walked into a Carphone Warehouse branch last December 8th, signed up and walked out with a new phone, my contract didn't start until January 26th for some reason or other, probably their incompetence :mad:

The guy at at E-Phone (I think that was their name, they're a subsidary of carphone warehouse) offered me a fifty pound cheque against the extra sixty pounds rental I'd have to pay if I kept the contract (for 2 months I'd have 2 active contracts).

I said ok but when the cheque hadn't arrived 8 days later, just one day before I could change my mind, I phoned up and cancelled. And that wasn't easy, did they ever mess me about, kept me hanging on several times on an 0870 number for twenty minutes or so.

Luckily I hadn't opened the phone or any accessories otherwise I'd have been lumbered. It cost me £6.00 to send the phone back registered post, about £4.00 in phone calls, £5.00 initial delivery, a lot of time and frustration and I had to wait a month for my credit card to be refunded for the accessories I'd bought (conventional headphones and a one gig memory card).

Now I'm getting about one call a day from phone companies making me offers, including Carphone Warehouse. Can we guess what my answer is to the Carphone Warehouse rep people? :) This be a family Forum so I won't repeat it.

I'm going to wait til early January and change Networks. I'm with O2 at the moment and it's a shame cos I like O2 but I can't get a reception in my home and, oddly enough, within the O2 itself (the Millenium Dome) :confused:

I was with Orange for ten years previously, never a prob and good reception in most areas, including my home. I may very well go back to them.

Anybody have any suggestions?

May daughter has the Samsung G600, I like the look and feel of it, she's happy with it, so I'll probably go for one of those.

I use my phone for work, rarely use my home phone for anything but faxes and never use up all of my 200 monthly minutes.

This is what I want:

1) A new phone
2) 12 month contract
3) About 200 minutes a month for around £30.00
4) Not too bothered about texts
5) A hands free/bluetooth set for the car would be a bonus

And that's it really.

If anybody can point me at something that meets all those criteria, me be a happy bunny :)

Reaction score
I'm with o2 mostly as they are one of the only providers that offer good coverage in Somerset/Devon.
When i bought a new PAYG phone 3 weeks ago i got offered nothing.
But o2 kindly credited me with £45 of free credit to my phone as a loyalty bonus.:thumb:

Nearly went for a contract, but only as i was being offered a free play station.:blush:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
That Playstation ain't free..Your paying for it over 12 or 18 months of your contract...;)

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
That Playstation ain't free..Your paying for it over 12 or 18 months of your contract...;)
I do realise that!
The spotty youth serving me thought it would be a way tio clinch the deal.
But not for me, money off up front & there are shops out their that deal like this.

Last edited:

Ask a Question