Missing Scroll Bars

i have a user that is not able to see her tabs on the bottom and the scroll
bars

I had the user go to tools - options - view tab - select the options
horizontal scroll bar and vertical scroll bar.

user was able to view her scroll bar

this fixed the issue for the new spread sheet

but when user goes to an old document and then goes to options - the options
are already selected. but she is still not able to view the tabs, scroll bars

any suggestions?

Your user might have a template stored in her XLStart folder. The path is a
local one and will look similar to the following:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\XLStart

If there's an *.xlt file in that folder it will use the settings in that
template for each new workbook.

She was lucky to have tools and options visible. I have neither. I've spent
an hour trying to find a way to show my scroll bars, and I would like a
refund on Excel 2007. I don't have the time to waste on this given the
earlier versions were always navigable.

David Biddulph

If you're struggling to find the 2007 equivalent of 2003 commands,
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...58-47B3-9F90-93788112B985&displaylang=engives you either a downloadable version of the interactive reference guide,or for the on-line version there is a direct link fromhttp://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA101491511033.aspx--David Biddulph"Chris H" <Chris (e-mail address removed)> wrote in messageShe was lucky to have tools and options visible. I have neither. I'vespent> an hour trying to find a way to show my scroll bars, and I would like a> refund on Excel 2007. I don't have the time to waste on this given the> earlier versions were always navigable.> "Douglas @ Helpdesk" wrote:>>> i have a user that is not able to see her tabs on the bottom and thescroll>> bars>>>> I had the user go to tools - options - view tab - select the options>> horizontal scroll bar and vertical scroll bar.>>>> user was able to view her scroll bar>>>> this fixed the issue for the new spread sheet>>>> but when user goes to an old document and then goes to options - theoptions>> are already selected. but she is still not able to view the tabs, scrollbars>>>> any suggestions?

David McRitchie

Hi Chris,
Excel 2007 is frustrating for all of us, and you really should have
started a new thread something like "Missing Scroll Bars in 2007"
so that others would have been helped as well.

I believe the reference indicated by David Biddulph is good for most
toolbar items until it comes to options, where it kind of leaves you
hanging in mid air after telling you to use the Options under the Office Button.

The extra tabs and things even once at options are confusing, specifically
Office Button in upper left corner, at the bottom of that dialog is Options,
then on the left choose the Advanced button (red), then scroll down on
the right side to "Display options for this workbook" (blue stripe) which is
about 1/3 of way down, then
"Show horizontal scroll bar"
"Show vertical scroll bar"

In Excel 2007, if you keep it, you will have to learn several more keyboard
shortcuts, and if there is a possibility that something is on a context menu
that will be a lot better choice than trying to navigate the ribbons.
So for instance:
- to insert a row right click on the row number,
- to insert a worksheet right click on a sheet tab to the right of where you want new sheet.

Keyboard Shortcuts in Excel 2000 - 2007
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xl2khtm

What I have so far specifically for Excel 2007 where it is not specifically
related to an existing page is in with my Windows Vista material.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/vista/vista.htm

--
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP -- Excel

If you're struggling to find the 2007 equivalent of 2003 commands,
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...BD-2758-47B3-9F90-93788112B985&displaylang=en