Missing object in Outlook 2003 - Problem

Reaction score
I bought a new computer recently (with vista :( ) and installed my office 2003 Home (100% legal). Next day the computer was broken by a clumpsy electrican. So I bought a new one identical to the former one and inserted the harddisk from the broken computer in the new one. Then I installed office 2003 once again. All programs work as before, but this time outlook couldnt find its private file (storage for the mails) so I made it use the one from the old computer. Ii accepted it fine and the emails was shown, but! When I tried to recive or send mails it shows an error message saying it is missing an object, without saying what object that it.

Tried to reintall the whole thing, made no difference. After reading about someone having the same problem as me in a older tread from this forum I tried to make an adress book as it was missing, didnt have any effect no matter which type of adress book I choose.

What is its missing - and can it really be the old harddisk (with files from the other office 2003 install) which is behind the troubles?

btw: the computer came with a trail version of office 2007 which I uinstalled.

Ask a Question