Missing object icon instead of Java applet even though MSJVM is in

G

Hello,

Does anyone know what it means when instead of the applet you get a missing object icon? It’s odd because I know java is installed on the machine. I’ve verified this by running jview in the command line and by disabling it and rechecking the page. When it’s disabled the missing object icon switches to the word “NOT†as expected. Even if the web page is saved and run locally on the pc it gets the same result. If the local web page is opened in Word the “J†applet icon shows up instead of the missing object icon. This really makes me think it has something to do with the browser. Has anyone seen this before?

No applets are running on this machine at all. Does anyone have any clues on what could be preventing applets from running on this PC? I’ve reset the security settings and made sure they match a working PC’s settings.

M

Mothra

Damian said:
Hello,

Does anyone know what it means when instead of the applet you get a missing object icon? It’s odd because I know java is installed on the machine. I’ve verified this by running jview in the command line and by disabling it and rechecking the page. When it’s disabled the missing object icon switches to the word “NOT†as expected. Even if the web page is saved and run locally on the pc it gets the same result. If the local web page is opened in Word the “J†applet icon shows up instead of the missing object icon. This really makes me think it has something to do with the browser. Has anyone seen this before?

No applets are running on this machine at all. Does anyone have any clues on what could be preventing applets from running on this PC? I’ve reset the security settings and made sure they match a working PC’s settings.
Looks like it is something to do with the browser. Which one are you using?

Ask a Question