Missing Link for CF Application Idle Timer

Chris Tacke, eMVP

No idea what's happening to the changes. I just created a new entry for it:
http://blog.opennetcf.com/ctacke/2009/05/19/DetectingApplicationIdle.aspx

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting

RDub said:
Chris

I am sure you are not going to believe this, but I can not see that code.
I do see that Lcubed was able to see it, and presumably download, copy, or
whatever, but unless there is something seriously wrong with my vision,
brain, or both I swear there is no code or link to code at
http://blog.opennetcf.com/ctacke/2004/05/19/CFApplicationIdleTimer.aspx.

A mystery??? In that today is it's birthday, I wonder if I might impose
upon you yet again.

Rdub

Chris Tacke said:
I swear I updated it over the weekend. At any rate, I've done it again.

http://blog.opennetcf.com/ctacke/2004/05/19/CFApplicationIdleTimer.aspx

Hard to believe that was 5 years ago (almost to the day).
--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting
Giving back to the embedded community
http://community.OpenNETCF.com

Yep, this is all I see there:

Wednesday, May 19, 2004
CF Application Idle Timer

Ever want to have an application idle timer for you CF app? Maybe to
pop up a login screen, power down a peripheral or log off a network?
A recent newsgroup post prompted me to write one, and in VB of all
things. The thing that took longest was figuring out that VB.NET
doesn't actually have an application entry point and call to
Application.Run unless you modify the project settings. And this is
supposed to be easier than C#?

At any rate, the code is in the OpenNETCF Wiki. Expect a C# version
in the near term. In fact I'm going to work on a set of
IMessageFilter implementation examples, so if you have any ideas or
things you'd like to see, let me know.
.NET Compact Framework
5/19/2004 2:03:03 PM (Eastern Daylight Time, UTC-04:00) # Comments
[0] |

I've clicked on every link, but nothing that gets me to any code.

Did you go back to the blog post you linked? I added it at the bottom.

-Chris

Oh. Is the C# example still online anywhere?

On May 18, 10:35 am, "Chris Tacke, eMVP" <ctacke.at.opennetcf.dot.com>
wrote:

No, the Wiki no longer exists. It kept getting spammed and became a
huge
maintenance nightmare, so we shut it off.

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting
Giving back to the embedded communityhttp://community.OpenNETCF.com

Thanks Chris!
The C# example would be great, but the link to the wiki still does not
work for me. Do I need to register or something to access it?

On May 15, 5:05 pm, "Chris Tacke, eMVP" <ctacke.at.opennetcf.dot.com>
wrote:

Check the link again. I uploaded a C# example.

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting
Giving back to the embedded communityhttp://community.OpenNETCF.com

Does any one know where the link for the "CF Application Idle
Timer"
in the following article went?

http://blog.opennetcf.com/ctacke/CommentView,guid,2f8b3e5b-e970-4c27-...

It would save me having to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks!

Lcubed

Thanks again Chris, this code was perfectly suited to the project.

The more I use OpenNETCF, the more I wish I'd started using it
earlier.

Wednesday, May 19, 2004
CF Application Idle Timer
[...]

Wednesday, May 19, 2004
CF Application Idle Timer
wrote:
Check the link again. I uploaded a C# example.
--
Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting
Giving back to the embedded communityhttp://community.OpenNETCF.com

Does any one know where the link for the "CF Application Idle
Timer"
in the following article went?
http://blog.opennetcf.com/ctacke/CommentView,guid,2f8b3e5b-e970-4c27-...
It would save me having to reinvent the wheel.
Thanks!

Lcubed

Hi Chris,

I have a question about the code. I set up the inactivity timer on my
main form, but if I open a dialog on top of it (I use ShowDialog), the
stylus taps (or mouse clicks) are not registered and it times out as
if the user has done nothing. Is there a way to catch the stylus taps
for the application rather than just the form?

Thanks!

Wednesday, May 19, 2004
CF Application Idle Timer
wrote:
Check the link again. I uploaded a C# example.
--
Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting
Giving back to the embedded communityhttp://community.OpenNETCF.com

Does any one know where the link for the "CF Application Idle
Timer"
in the following article went?
http://blog.opennetcf.com/ctacke/CommentView,guid,2f8b3e5b-e970-4c27-...
It would save me having to reinvent the wheel.
Thanks!

Chris Tacke, eMVP

dialogs get their own message pump. If you want the filter to work for
dialogs, you have to use the SDF version of ShowDialog (in Application2
IIRC).

-Chris

Wednesday, May 19, 2004
CF Application Idle Timer
wrote:
Check the link again. I uploaded a C# example.
--
Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting
Giving back to the embedded
communityhttp://community.OpenNETCF.com

Does any one know where the link for the "CF Application Idle
Timer"
in the following article went?
http://blog.opennetcf.com/ctacke/CommentView,guid,2f8b3e5b-e970-4c27-...
It would save me having to reinvent the wheel.
Thanks!

Lcubed

That works great! Thanks!
The disposeForm parameter on the SDF ShowDialog also makes my code
look cleaner.