missing dictionary/thesaurus in IE

G

I just recently bought a computer with WindowsXP on it. in IE there 'used' to be a button with the icon of a couple books on it. it would open up a side window (like history, favourites) with a search line. you entered a word or phrase and it would give you dictionary definitions, thesaurus points (homonyms, antonyms etc). this button has disappeared. I've tried right clicking and customizing the tool bar, but the button is gone. anyone know how I get it back? was this a temp offer?

thanks.

T

t.cruise

That hasn't been the case in any version of Windows that I used. It was probably an
add-on by or with third party software.
--

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com
Remove [NoSpam] to reply

Tone1969 said:
I just recently bought a computer with WindowsXP on it. in IE there 'used' to be a
button with the icon of a couple books on it. it would open up a side window (like
history, favourites) with a search line. you entered a word or phrase and it would give
you dictionary definitions, thesaurus points (homonyms, antonyms etc). this button has
disappeared. I've tried right clicking and customizing the tool bar, but the button is
gone. anyone know how I get it back? was this a temp offer?

G

t.cruise said:
That hasn't been the case in any version of Windows that I used. It was probably an
add-on by or with third party software.
--

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com
Remove [NoSpam] to reply

Tone1969 said:
I just recently bought a computer with WindowsXP on it. in IE there 'used' to be a
button with the icon of a couple books on it. it would open up a side window (like
history, favourites) with a search line. you entered a word or phrase and it would give
you dictionary definitions, thesaurus points (homonyms, antonyms etc). this button has
disappeared. I've tried right clicking and customizing the tool bar, but the button is
gone. anyone know how I get it back? was this a temp offer?

Try this:
http://dictionary.reference.com/tools/toolbar/

Ask a Question