misc speling eras :-)

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28Crash_Gordon=AE\

Gilty yer honor.

You're to be banished to the Pointless Forest for 30 years - and, take that stoopid dawg with you.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28Crash_Gordon=AE\

who, what, where? booties, butties, pommies?
what's a pommie? a tomato?
man, youse guise tawk funny down there!

:)

Kevin Spencer

Okay, the cow is dry now. You're just hurting it's udders by pulling any
more.

Remember C.B. Demille - Always leave 'em wanting more.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
What You Seek Is What You Get.

in message who, what, where? booties, butties, pommies?

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28Crash_Gordon=AE\

Did you know ECT is abbv for Electro Convulsive Therapy? :)
ecc is same as etc though.

Trevor L.

butty (plural butties) is English slang for sandwich.

sanger is Australian slang for sandwich.

I like the thinking that pommies might be tomatoes as in the French pomme de
terre, but not so:
To quote from theFreeDictionary:
pom·my or pom·mie (pm)
n. pl. pom·mies Australian & New Zealand Offensive Slang
Used as a disparaging term for a British person, especially a recent
immigrant.
[Shortening and alteration of pomegranate, Pummy Grant, alterations of Jimmy
Grant, probably rhyming alteration of immigrant.]

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Updated in 2003. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved

There used to be idea flaoting around that pommie was an acroynym derived
from
Prisoner Of Mother England.

But that may be a furphy

(Please excuse any spelling errors as my spell checker in OE has gone on the
blink)

Trevor L.

Noun 1. ECC - (telecommunication) a coding system that incorporates
extra parity bits in order to detect errors
error correction code
telecommunication - (often plural) the branch of electrical
engineering concerned with the technology of electronic communication at a
distance
computer code, code - (computer science) the symbolic arrangement of
data or instructions in a computer program or the set of such instructions
cyclic redundancy check - an error correction code that is recorded in
each sector of a magnetic disk and used to catch errors in the data

From The FreeDictionary

I didn't think ecc was an alternative for etc. Perhaps other dictionaries
may say differently

--
Cheers,
Trevor L.
Did you know ECT is abbv for Electro Convulsive Therapy? :)
ecc is same as etc though.

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

David Baxter

Actually, the English translation of the French pomme de terre is
potato. Tomato in French would be tomate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
[...]

Trevor L.

David,
You are so right
pomme de terre translates literally as "apple of the earth" or potato,a s
you say :blush:)

--

Trevor L. said:
[...]

butties are a pommie invention- aussies have sangers

--
Cheers,
Trevor L.
Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au

David Baxter wrote:
yeah... along with butties...

Piccies is a fairly normal abbreviation in this part of the world
(OZ)

--
Cheers,
Trevor L.
Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au

Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon®) wrote:
pix is understandable at least...I have no idea what piccies
are/is...a sign of the zodiac?

... or piccies or pix.
"Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon®)"
<[email protected]>
wrote in message Pictures not pitchers

"Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon®)"
<[email protected]>
wrote in message BORDER not boarder
HOVER not hoover

feel free to add-on

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

Tom Gahagan

Trevor L. said:
butty (plural butties) is English slang for sandwich.
I don't think his reference (booties) was in any way having anything to do
with a sandwich.... but I hear that some folks like to eat them. < s >

Best to you.......
Tom Gahagan

David Baxter

Hmmm... not sure about this one any more, although in the paste I would
have agreed with you...

MikeR

<vbg>
Maybe somebuddy cud set up a websight. And list all the wurds that git left outta
posts, two.
</vbg>

Tom Gahagan

Here is one from today....