Milton Keynes anyone?

Reaction score
hi

is anyone here from milton keynes

or does anyone know abt the area as a whole?

i need some information about the place
im thinking of going there to meet some friends but ive never been there before

silly to ask but is there one main high street?

any good restaurants or bars in that high street

good place to park? free if possible!!

I hope some people amongst us can help me out

cheers everyone

pd99

p.s is it true that all the roads there are straight and only at 90Degrees
ie no bends in the roads?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I have friends there, and visit once in a while mate.

Its quite unique for the UK in that all the streets run north/south and east/west in a grid system - all the verticle streets are V1, V2 etc and the Horizontal H1, H2 etc - although they also have names as well.

The main central shopping area is around Midsummer Boulevard which runs horizontally between H5 and H6 - it has an indoor shopping centre and all the usual facilities/car-parking etc.

You also have the Xscape Snowdome just south of there which is a kind of indoor leisure park with bars/restaurants etc.

If I remember correctly the whole area is pay & display for parking.

Milton Keynes official website :thumb:

Reaction score
hi thanks for that

I have been reading up about this place:
http://www.miltonkeynes.com/shopping_centre

it is called mk centre

have u been there before?
do u know if this is the main highstreet

I was wondering if u know the names of the train stations that are closest to this.

pay and display it is then

midsummer bolevard i will remember. ill check out that xscpare snowdrome too
i am hoping that they are all close to each other aswell
thanks for help

psd99

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Yep, I've said, I have been there before - and yes the 'mk centre' is the shopping centre I'm referring too.

The Xscape Snowdome etc is just south of the shopping centre within walking distance.

And the nearest rail is not unsurprisingly 'Central Milton Keynes' :p

All the info you need is in those links :thumb:

Reaction score
Been there twice...both to drop the missus off at concerts at the Bowl.
NOT my idea of a larf!

But the shops/bars/restaurants are all close and 'nice'...
*Chuckle*

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
ahh the land of the the roundabout, dont think i've ever driven somewhere with so many of the things

there is only one shopping centre AFAIK which pretty decent and the ski slope is well worth a visit
nod.gif

Reaction score
lol at the land of the roundabout!!!

I am hoping to use the M25 and the M1 to get into Milton Keynes
i am roughly 50 miles away here in london

I did do a trip to lesta and walsall recently and can vaguely remember signs for milton keynes on the way!!!

just thought it would be nice to get some advice from u guys
thanks

Reaction score
Milton Keynes

I live near Milton Keynes and go there a great deal.
If you drive you will need to come off at Junction 14 if coming from London, and turn right at the next roundabout up the H5 called Portway. Keep on until you see the sign for Central Milton Keynes shopping centre turn left. If you go further over the flyover past the shopping centre you will see the large slug like shaped building which is the Xscape. Inside is the SnoDome and plenty of eating places. The shopping centre has M&S at one end and John Lewis at the other Opposite one of the John Lewis external entrances is the Theatre. Theatreland has a number of good restaurants and plenty of night life. The whole area between the theatre, and the Xscape has plenty of bars eating places and nightlife. For free parking it depends when you go. Most parking after 6pm is free but not all. You need to carefully check the boards which display the parking times. Outside John Lewis there is a fairly large area for free parking but once again because it is so popular, to find a place it depends on the time of day. If you park after 4pm in the parking area between Waitrose and Sainsbury's, near the market, that is free as you are allowed to park free for 2 hours until 6pm and then it's free all evening. The station is Milton Keynes Central and its a hike from the centre. You can walk (15 minutes) or get a bus. Enjoy!

Ask a Question