Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells

Reaction score
Always been an album i have wanted to listen to, but never got round to it.
On the front cover of The Mail on Sunday (UK Only) listening as a type.
But what albums have others wanted to listen to but not got round to it?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Udu Lindenbergh and the Panic Attack Orchestra listened to it in the 70's and have never found a copy again the track O Rehsus negative is just lip smackingly good . :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Udu Lindenbergh and the Panic Attack Orchestra listened to it in the 70's and have never found a copy again the track O Rehsus negative is just lip smackingly good . :D

AB you might be in luck - I have just turned it up on Amazon UK Pricey though £18.99
You can also listen to the track on MSN here

Hope that helps :) Good luck :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I had been trying for ages to get hold of Van Morrison's double live album 'It's Too Late To Stop Now'. It's from around 1973 and in my opinion one of the best live albums ever.

But on Play.com and Amazon, the cheapest I could get it for was £35.00 :eek:

Couldn't find it in any high street record stores and I got pipped at the post twice on E-Bay for second hand copies, and even then it was selling for £22.00.

I don't know why this should be as it was reissued several years ago but that's the way it is.

In the end I copied it from an old Maxell XLII Cassette I've had for years, probably since the late seventies.

And I now have two CD's that sound surprisingly good :)

I've actually managed to get hold of most CD's I've been after, quite a few of them within the last twelve months.

I might buy 'Ars Longa Vita Brevis' and 'Elegy' by The Nice next, am wondering if they as good as they were back then or sound like a big pile of poo :D

And I have Tubular Bells, odd, but I don't get tired of that one.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
AB you might be in luck - I have just turned it up on Amazon UK Pricey though £18.99
You can also listen to the track on MSN here

Hope that helps :) Good luck :thumb:

Thanks for that , way out of my price league though . Nice to listen to the part of the tracks again though .I can download a copy for about £6 . Its that album cover , I had a friend that was the spitting image of Udo same hat and hair same looney outlook , by ek them wer days , hippies and magical madness :D:p

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Thanks for that , way out of my price league though . Nice to listen to the part of the tracks again though .I can download a copy for about £6 . Its that album cover , I had a friend that was the spitting image of Udo same hat and hair same looney outlook , by ek them wer days , hippies and magical madness :D:p

....Kaftans and loon pants... they are a good look on you AB ;) ok, just kidding - glad you were able to enjoy the track again though :thumb: :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Not forgetting the stack heeled shoes and velvet jackets
laughingsmiley.gif
:D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Not forgetting the stack heeled shoes and velvet jackets
laughingsmiley.gif

...And "wedgies" were something you wore on your feet, not a painful underwear condition!! :lol:

Returning to Feckit's original question... the album I always wanted to listen to was actually Tubular Bells, When it first came out, I was quite young and funds were low. I missed yesterday's Mail on Sunday freebie too, because they sell out quickly around here :rolleyes: Oh well, bound to be a copy lurking in the oldies section, so will have to have a rummage

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I always wanted songs of George Gershwin sung by modern artists.Saw it once but never again. Love his music

Ask a Question