microsoft word 2002 setup

G

i just installed word and when it comes to finish the install i'm asked user info, so type in the correct product key chracters than press OK , than it tells me invalid product key? i checked and double checked and the key chracters are CORRECT....XP 2002 WAS INSTALLED when i bought the pc (dell).i want to use word and i can't. what should i do next? it just will not let me use WORD untill the key chracter is typed in and i have the CORRECT product key from the sticker on my pc showing all MICROSOFT info

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Apparently, you are typing in the Windows XP Product Key.
The Product Key required for Microsoft Word is located on
the sleeve in which the Microsoft Word CD was stored.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| i just installed word and when it comes to finish the install i'm asked user info, so type in the correct
product key chracters than press OK , than it tells me invalid product key? i checked and double checked
and the key chracters are CORRECT....XP 2002 WAS INSTALLED when i bought the pc (dell).i want to use word
and i can't. what should i do next? it just will not let me use WORD untill the key chracter is typed in
and i have the CORRECT product key from the sticker on my pc showing all MICROSOFT info

M

Marc Reynolds [MSFT]

You may want to post this is a Word newsgroup

microsoft.public.word.newusers

--

Thanks,
Marc Reynolds
Microsoft Technical Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

richard M said:
i just installed word and when it comes to finish the install i'm asked
user info, so type in the correct product key chracters than press OK ,
than it tells me invalid product key? i checked and double checked and the
key chracters are CORRECT....XP 2002 WAS INSTALLED when i bought the pc
(dell).i want to use word and i can't. what should i do next? it just will
not let me use WORD untill the key chracter is typed in and i have the
CORRECT product key from the sticker on my pc showing all MICROSOFT info

Ask a Question