Microsoft Ships Windows Vista RC1

Henry

http://www.windowsitpro.com/Articles/ArticleID/93384/93384.html

Just a week after shipping a surprisingly stable, full-featured, and
bug-free pre-Release Candidate 1 (RC1) version of Windows Vista, Microsoft
has delivered the real thing. At 2:30 pm EST, the software maker unleashed
Windows Vista RC1 to the public. And in the days ahead, an astonishing
number of people will be running this Vista version. Microsoft says it plans
to deliver RC1 to over 6 million people. In an RC1 briefing recently,
Microsoft group product manager Chris Flores told me that the RC1 version of
Vista is significantly improved over Beta 2,

**__Mike__**

Previous link still just says program closed. Any got a new cpp link yet?

-Mike

aristofeles

Wee will have to wait untill next week for the CPP :(

______________________________
To the TechBeta community:
It's official - Windows Vista RC1 is done!
We could not have achieved this milestone without your support. The
quantity and quality of feedback and data we received from you has been
essential to helping us progress. Thus we wanted you to be the first
customers outside of Microsoft to get access to the bits. Next week, a
broader set of technical customers will get them via MSDN and TechNet. But
you're the first! We wanted to get it into your hands asap so you can start
giving us feedback right away.
You'll notice a lot of improvements since Beta 2. We've made some UI
adjustments, added more device drivers, and enhanced performance. We're not
done yet, however - quality will continue to improve. We'll keep plugging
away on application compatibility, as well as fit and finish, until RTM. If
you are an ISV, RC1 is the build you should use for certifying your
application.
The operating system is in great shape with RC1, but there's still a lot of
testing to do. You've come through for us so far, and I'm asking you to
once again put the pedal to the metal and send us feedback. Windows Vista
is going to touch hundreds of millions of lives all around the world.
Thanks for everything you're doing to help us give them the best experience
possible.

http://windowsconnected.com/blogs/jeff/archive/2006/09/01/3559.aspx

If It's "bug-free" I better not see one patch for the software for the
entire time that I own it. This includes "Service Packs" and similar.

-Rob

<DIV>&quot;Henry&quot; &lt;[email protected]&gt; wrote in message

Colin Barnhorst

Then don't use OS/X or any Linux distro either.