"Microsoft Office Outlook Could not save item" in Calendar

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Calendar' started by Guest, Nov 6, 2006.

    Used to save ok but I get this message now every tiome I try to create a new
    appointment

    Guest, Nov 6, 2006

  2. Have you closed Outlook and restarted (completely closed I mean)?

    --
    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

    reading.

    After furious head scratching, canebee asked:

    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook], Nov 6, 2006

    Completely closed and ran 'detect and repair' on office suite. No effect.

    Guest, Nov 6, 2006
  4. how many items are in the calendar? does it work if you delete some older
    appointments?

    --
    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Nov 6, 2006

    Calendar is almost empty. Editing of existing appointments also refuses to
    save.

    Guest, Nov 6, 2006
  6. do other modules work - can you send email, save tasks etc? if not, is it
    activated.

    --
    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Nov 6, 2006

    yes Diane, mail works and I can save tasks. i believe I activated the whole
    office suite when I loaded them some months ago, but I did start to use
    Outlook later than the rest - was still on Outllook Express.

    Guest, Nov 6, 2006

    jrtaylor

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    same issue, outlook 2007

    I'm experiencing the same issue. After months of successful use of Office 2007, the "can't save" message appeared earlier this week. Perhaps coincidentally it occurred after daylight savings time (automatically) changed my computer clock.

    I've tried such things as the new "diagnostics" feature (which revealed nothing), uninstalling/reinstalling Outlook, completely emptying calendar of all items, as well as creating a new (blank) data file as a test. Can't enter appointments into that colander either.

    Office 2007 is activated.

    Google search is coming up empty. No responses to my posts in Microsoft Communities either!

    Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
    jrtaylor, Nov 7, 2007

    paulvlk

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    got the same problem "cant save" new appointments or delete/edit old ones in Office Outlook 2007 60 day demo version. Has anyone come up with a solution yet?

    paulvlk, Jan 26, 2008

    cswartzwelder

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Microsoft Office Outlook Could not save item" in Calendar

    I had this same problem with Office 2003. Outlook.exe was running in task manager under processes. I ended the process and restarted Outlook and the problem was resolved.

    cswartzwelder, Apr 29, 2008

    paulvlk

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    saving outlook calendar data

    My problem was resolved by closing the second Outlook which was open on another computer on my network. It seems if more than one Outlook is open on a network, Vista doesn't quite know how to cope with it :)

    paulvlk, Apr 29, 2008

    mgold

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    thank you

    to the person who said to close the second OUTLOOK.EXE in Task Manager, that worked to solve this problem for me! Mike

    mgold, Feb 19, 2009

    lawton

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Office 2003 suddenly cannot save entries on calander. Outlet.exe not running in Task Manager

    lawton, Jul 19, 2012

    notsogood

    Joined:
    May 23, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    hit the send receive and re sync. worked this time:thumb:

    notsogood, May 23, 2013