microphone does not work

G

My mic worked on old computer with win 98 but, now it doesn't on new computer with win xp
I've been in sound and audio devices, voice tab and tested hardware.Didn't get any sound through mic
I've been in device manager, hardware, sound... and everything is working properly
I've taken computer apart and have five jacks. A pair marked mic and spk, another set of three marked blank, audio and blank. All jacks have some kind of moduale attached them. My speakers work in one of the blank marked jacks. Ive tried the mic in all...no luck. Do I have to buy a new mic with a load up disk ???? Please HELP.

J

Jaks

Is the mic muted in advanced volume controls? Right double click the speaker
icon in the task bar click options, click properties check the box next to
mic volume then ok. This will show you how it is set.

The jack for the mic should be pinkish/red make sure it's plugged in right.

In control panel/sounds and audio devices click the Voice tab make sure the
proper device is selected.
Hope this helps
--
Jaks http://www.askhow.net
Free Nonprofit Computer Support Forums, Humor and More....

greg said:
My mic worked on old computer with win 98 but, now it doesn't on new computer with win xp.
I've been in sound and audio devices, voice tab and tested hardware.Didn't get any sound through mic.
I've been in device manager, hardware, sound... and everything is working properly.
I've taken computer apart and have five jacks. A pair marked mic and spk,
another set of three marked blank, audio and blank. All jacks have some
kind of moduale attached them. My speakers work in one of the blank marked
jacks. Ive tried the mic in all...no luck. Do I have to buy a new mic with a
load up disk ???? Please HELP.

G

tried all that...still no luck....even bought a new one....got some sound....but not right

G

Do you ms digital media plus installed? My mic will work in plus, but won't work in sound recorder. If you have solved the problem please post

----- Chris wrote: ----

I'm haveing the same problem!!

Ask a Question