Metric conversion formula / function

Paula ;)

Hi all,

I'm modifying a worksheet for our Quality Control dept. where I have
to take metric dimensions (millimeters) off a print and convert them
into English / Imperial (inches) for the guys to check parts from.

Anybody know if there is a way to enter a metric dimension and have it
automatically convert to English / Imperial rather than doing the
conversion on a calculator and entering the converted number in
manually?

TIA,
Paula

Fred Smith

One way: Just enter into Excel the same formula you enter in the calculator.

James Silverton

Fred wrote on Wed, 5 Sep 2007 20:46:12 -0600:

FS> One way: Just enter into Excel the same formula you enter
in
FS> the calculator.

FS> --
FS> Regards,
FS> Fred

??>> Hi all,
??>>
??>> I'm modifying a worksheet for our Quality Control dept.
??>> where I have to take metric dimensions (millimeters) off a
??>> print and convert them into English / Imperial (inches)
??>> for the guys to check parts from.
??>>
??>> Anybody know if there is a way to enter a metric dimension
??>> and have it automatically convert to English / Imperial
??>> rather than doing the conversion on a calculator and
??>> entering the converted number in manually?

Not automatically replace with a function but you could have a
new column with the results...mm in A1, inches in B1
=CONVERT(A1,"mm","in")

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: