Opeth

Hi,
I've been recently told that Microsoft logs all chat messages from MSN
Messenger to their servers, to accomplish US Laws. Where can I find more
info on this law ? Thanks.

J

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

Hi,

I'm afraid I can't give you a direct answer (simply because I don't know how accurate it
would be), however I'd point to this:
Microsoft reserves the right at all times to monitor communications on the Service and
disclose any information Microsoft deems necessary to (i) ensure your compliance with this
Agreement; (ii) satisfy any applicable law, regulation or legal process; or (iii) protect the
rights, property, and interests of Microsoft, its employees or the public. Microsoft also
reserves the right to edit, refuse to transfer or to remove any information or materials, in
whole or in part, in Microsoft's sole discretion.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.

O

Opeth

Jonathan said:
Microsoft reserves the right at all times to monitor communications on the Service and
disclose any information Microsoft deems necessary to (i) ensure your compliance with this
Agreement; (ii) satisfy any applicable law, regulation or legal process; or (iii) protect the
rights, property, and interests of Microsoft, its employees or the public. Microsoft also
reserves the right to edit, refuse to transfer or to remove any information or materials, in
whole or in part, in Microsoft's sole discretion.

Thanks Jonathan.
Can you please give me a link where you collected that info ?
I mean, a link I can open from Italy, without my browser being redirected to
a translated page.
Regards.

Ask a Question