    Using XP home SP2 fully patched Pentium 4 2.4 Mhz, 1GB memory

    Any help would be appreciated

    Larry

    Larry, Sep 12, 2007

  2. Greetings Larry,

    What you're usually describing is the result of whatever audio drivers you're using. You
    might want to check Windows Update or the audio manufacturers website to see if there are any
    updated drivers.

    --
    Jonathan Kay
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger

    Jonathan Kay [MVP], Sep 13, 2007

  3. Larry

    Larry Guest

    Hi Jonathan,

    Thanks for the quick reply. Have the latest driver installed
    (5.12.01.5410 from IBM [Lenovo]). Any other ideas?

    System
    Manufacturer : IBM
    Model : 8195A3M
    Sound Adapter 1
    Model : IBM SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Revision : A3
    Type : AC '97
    Version : 2.02

    Larry

    Jonathan Kay [MVP] wrote:
    : Greetings Larry,
    :
    : What you're usually describing is the result of whatever audio
    : drivers you're using. You
    : might want to check Windows Update or the audio manufacturers website
    : to see if there are any
    : updated drivers.
    :
    : --
    : Jonathan Kay
    : Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
    : Associate Expert
    : http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
    : Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
    : All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2007 Jonathan Kay.
    : You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
    :
    : "Larry" <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    : : If I am using Messenger (ver 8.1.0178) and I receive a PC to PC
    : : call,
    : : when I click answer, the machine gets an instant BSOD with the
    : : following
    : : stop code:
    : : 0x00000050 (0xAF33S78C, 0x00000000, 0x8053A8AE, 0x00000000)
    : :

    Larry, Sep 13, 2007