menu bleed through

Rick

I have just installed the latest Compact Framework SP2. There is now a
bizarre menu thing happening. I have an app that changes the menu based
upon certain conditions. Whenever I change the menu then either the main
menu bleeds through momentarily, or the last app that was on top's menu
bleeds through.

This is simple enough to test as you can create a form with two buttons and
two menus. On each button's click event swap menus, such as:

Private Sub Button1_Click(...) Handles Button1.Click

Me.Menu = MainMenu1

End Sub

Private Sub Button2_Click(...) Handles Button2.Click

Me.Menu = MainMenu2

End Sub

Just when CF apps were starting to look really professional . . . 2 steps
forward, 1 step back.

Katie Schaeffer [MSFT]

Hi Rick,

I just wanted to let you know, we've entered a bug about this, and we're
working on a fix. Not sure when we'll be able to get it into customer's
hands, but thanks for the post.

-Katie

***.Net Compact Framework Info***
Faq: