Memory Upgrage errors

G

I have a ecs i-buddie laptop. It as a Trasmeta Carusoe processing system. Well I'm trying to upgrade my memory. The current memory is a 256mb but the bios only recognizes 128mb....which I've found out is because the memory is too dense. by the way these laptops run full pc memory and not laptop memory. So, I purchased a new memory stick that the manufacturer said had to work. when I tried it it booted up and the bios recognized it but then it went to blue screen when trying to load windows xp home. we have figured out that it is a windows problem because the memory works when put in to my friends computer that is exactly like mine besides it running xp pro and doesn't have SP1 on it. Mine does have SP1 and there is no way to unistall it because it was integrated with the XP install. I'm not sure what to do from here. The blue screen said that it was a memory dump. I am a college student and definitely have no money to buy xp pro to update. If anyone has any ideas I would be extremely grateful

G

Do not worry, I have WinXPP with SP1 and the same problem
My Laptop is FujitsuSiemens (S-series), upgrading its memory from 256 to 2x256 Mb (OEM, Fujitsu's = Samsung's parts)
BIOS recognizes installed new memory but XP does not want to continue loading
Blue screen with STOP 0x0000008E (+ more numbers) error message

Try search machines with your error message as a search term
Leads to Microsoft knowledge base..

B

Bee

What is the "same problem"?

If it is a blue screen system failure, the suspicion naturally falls on the
new stick of memory. To test the new one, take out the old, i.e. the good,
one to see if the error recurs.

Please leave at least the relevant part of the message you are responding to
in a reply. It is a standard usenet protocol.

Bee.
--
[I have found my Shangri-La in ntlworld.]

--
TJS said:
Do not worry, I have WinXPP with SP1 and the same problem.
My Laptop is FujitsuSiemens (S-series), upgrading its memory from 256 to
2x256 Mb (OEM, Fujitsu's = Samsung's parts).

Ask a Question