Memory failed ??????

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Hi I tried to build me own super dooper pc today .All of the components have been fully tested and work with other pcs .I'm using a Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo and when I tried to fire it up using a 1Gb DDR PC 3200 (NCP NC00828) the drated thing wouldn't work . Stuck in a 256Mb memory stick and whoopee the pc works .
The 1Gb stick I bought is supposed to be compatible with the chipset on the board . Is there anyway I can get it to work . I tried putting the 256 and the 1Gb in the mobo and it wouldn't play .
Any bright ideas .
I'll be buggered if I'm going to give me sister 2Gb (yup I got 2 of em ) of memory while I limp along with 528Mb . :wall:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
What does Crucial's website say you should use?

... cheap is not always good.

I encountered no problems with installing memory into all three slots but I did encounter a slight problem when clearing the CMOS. After clearing CMOS, only one stick of memory can be used to make the system POST. If there are two or more sticks installed, the system will fail to POST.
oops, bad!!

Why did you buy a 754 :confused:

user.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Well I think its to do with money . When I started buying bits for me pc 939 cpu's were well out of my price range and so were the mobos and the PCIE graphics cards .

A 754 with an athalon 64 3400 with L2 cache 1Gb is more than adequate for me to play with , the mobo I got was highly recommended here aswell . As for graphics , same again AGP8 is good enough .

The 2Gb memory works just fine in 4 othere boards that I've built with 4 different cpu's 3 athalons and 1 intel . Just don't seem to work with K8N-E .

:D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
The Asus socket 754 K8N boards only seem to like 512mb ram modules, and don't like accepting the 1gb modules...

Had a couple of these boards over the past 2 years play naughty with me on this score...

Ask a Question