memory dump

can anyone tell me why my pc keeps doing a physical memory dump?
The blue screen appears and at the bottom of the screen it says doing
physical memory dump.

Thanks

Rock

romank said:
can anyone tell me why my pc keeps doing a physical memory dump?
The blue screen appears and at the bottom of the screen it says doing
physical memory dump.

Thanks

What is the error on the blue screen? Right click on My Computer |
Click on Properties | Advanced | Startup and Recovery Settings. Remove
the tick mark in automatically restart. Next time it blue screens post
the error message verbatim.

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers

Hi,

I might be able to, send the memory dump to me at the email address used
here. Change the subject line to "per req" to get past the filters (or I
will never see it, and I don't scan the filtered stuff before deleting it).

To find the file, check the Control Panel/System/Startup and Recovery
settings to see where the system is set to create the .dmp file. If there
are multiple files, please send only the most recent one.

--
Best of Luck,

Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

David Candy

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, you'll get 1 minidump file per 100 requests for one.

I've recieved two from people with problems out of all the ones I've asked for.

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers

Hi David,

Actually, I've gotten a pretty good response on this, on average I get 4 out
of 5 requested.

--

Rock said:
What is the error on the blue screen? Right click on My Computer |
Click on Properties | Advanced | Startup and Recovery Settings. Remove
the tick mark in automatically restart. Next time it blue screens post
the error message verbatim.

This is the last blue screen I got on boot-up:

Stop: 0X00000024 (0X001902FE,0XF7B5D0460,0XF7B5D15C,0X804F0D78)
Dump of physical memory
Dump complete

I hope this helps you.

Thanks for your help