MEGAUPLOAD taken down. Big read!!

Reaction score
As far as the USA is concerned it is big busness who simply put, own / control the politicians and the CIA/FBI it is they who want control of the Net and for their own purpsess as well as collecting the royalities.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That's part of it for sure. I myself think they don't like the freedom and relative anarchy the net offers. Yes, it is open to extremes, terrorists and pervs but they are a minority. The Blue Meanies want us controlled so they can feel comfortable. In some ways the former Russia (CCCP) and China could be more honest, at least they own up to wanting to control you. The USA try and make it subtle, the active word here being 'try'.

Oh, and don't kid yourself, the UK is in bed with the USA, we're just as bad. Even when we were almost independent from our colonial cousins we were just as bad. If not worse. But that was then and now is now and I guess it's true to say we are not as bad as the USA when it comes to trying to dominate the internet. Well, not yet and not on the surface anyway.

The very anarchy and freedom of a worldwide internet scares goverments, it's as simple as that. Piracy is probably about 10% of the real concern here, do you really think any goverment is going to worry about the film and music industry? No, they are guaranteed an income, RIAA and movie makers, it's just a handy back door to control those pesky public/civillians.

Ask a Question