Medion E5211 akoya Laptop Problems

Reaction score
Recently my laptop has been suddenly just switching completely off (not going through the shutting down process) everytime i run Kaspersky 2011 Full scan or Window index performance, so ive installed Speedfan and the idle temperatures are between 30-40 C when running either process that jumps upto around 90-100 C then it dies on me.
Now im no expert but it looks like its overheating so im looking for a way to adjust the speed of the FAN to maximum, the laptops fans dont show up in speedfan and when ive tried to enter the BIOS by pressing F2 there doesn't seem to be any such option. actually its the most basic BIOS ive ever seen, So how do i adjust the fan speed? thanks

Reaction score
Im not sure you even can on laptops

there maybe a third party software that allows it but even then it itself could be over ridden by the BIOS controller anyway..

increasing the fan speed will also have a huge detrimental effect on battery life and indeed noise

Reaction score
Yes thats a possible answer but would like to know if there is a way to adjust the Fan and give that a go, just the BIOS looks extremely basic.

Reaction score
Generally there is an option in the bios called "FAN always on on AC Power".
Secondly the FAN works in conjunction with the Power Management of Windows (chipset drivers and CPU will need to be loaded) - put it on Max Performance and the fan should kick into life.
Thirdly... chances are the fan is on its way out, died or there is clogging (in, near or around the vents) of the fan.

What Flops has posted is a great work-a-round (I use one when I'm pushing my laptop to its limits) but I'd still investigate the issue you're experiencing.

Just my 2 cents.

Ask a Question