media player 10

Joined
May 17, 2005
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Got ntl broad band installed cannot get broadband plus to play on my computer this is what is coming up can any body help

Full Browser Version is:mozilla/4.0 (compatible; msie 6.0; windows nt 5.1; sv1; .net clr 1.1.4322)Media Player Version is:unknown do you know wht is going on please help

Joined
May 17, 2005
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Broadband plus

Its a service supplied by Ntl where you click on to music sites and your computer reconises it and plays music of your choice but internet explorer does not accept that i have windows media player 10 installed on my computer un installed it and re installed it but still tha same problem with that error message coming up

Joined
Dec 7, 2003
Messages
1,281
Reaction score
0
have you got "play audio and video in browser" enabled in internet options??

Joined
May 17, 2005
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
copy of e/mail

Hi Les

It's Ralph from ntl here and I've managed to hack apart all of the scripts
for Music Choice. So we should now be able to find the real cause for this
error that you've been experiencing.

Please can you visit the following site and then copy and paste the
information that's reported on screen and email it back to me.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/riot.nrrd/sniffer.html

This will then give us the information we need to determine what version
numbers Internet Explorer and Media Player are advertising. Then we'll have
a look about the hacks needed to fix that.

(Oh quick note about this email address. I use it for situations like this
when I need feedback off people, so I will be monitoring the mailbox for the
next few days. Once the situation is resolved I wont be looking at the
mailbox again so don't email it in 6 months time hoping for a response.)

Cheers
Ralph
BBST

hope this helps

Joined
May 17, 2005
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
e/mail

Thanks Les, that's perfect

And there is our answer, for some reason Media Player is not reporting its
version number to Internet Explorer at all.

I cant seem to find anything on the net that highlights this problem, so at
first I would say to uninstall and then reinstall Media Player 10 and see
what happens from there.

If this does nto resolve the issue I would suggest after that to contact
Microsoft directly. As you downloaded Media Player form them, and they
employ the experts you should be able to get a resolution.

There are some bullet point notes for them

The Music choice site is using a combination of Javascript and VBScript to
determine the version of Media Player
These scripts are actually default Microsofts scripts from a development
package used to create the Music choice site.
Media Player is not reporting its version correctly and therefore you cannot
gain access to the site, this is a Media Player problem and not the site's
problem

One of the above options should then sort it out for you.

Ralph
BBST

> Full Browser Version is:mozilla/4.0 (compatible; msie 6.0; windows nt 5.1;
> sv1; .net clr 1.1.4322)Media Player Version is:unknown

this is what recived this morning tried microsoft but they wanted £45 cant afford that

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Joined
Mar 16, 2005
Messages
840
Reaction score
0
What Microsoft want £45 for. Don't they get enough money charging the extortionate OS and office prices to everyone!

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Joined
Mar 16, 2005
Messages
840
Reaction score
0
I think you're using a Moozilla browser to access the internet?

Have you tried accessing the site you're trying to use, with Internet Explorer?

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Joined
Mar 16, 2005
Messages
840
Reaction score
0
If you're using Windows, then you should have IE installed by default, if the icon is no longer on your desktop then it should be somewhere in your start menu.
If you cant find it there either then let us know and we'll try to talk you through a few posibilities of how to re-enable it.

And then if you still can't use the website in question even with IE, then we may have to troubleshoot a few different ideas altogether. :)

Joined
May 17, 2005
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
copy of e/mail

Full Browser Version is:mozilla/4.0 (compatible; msie 6.0; windows nt 5.1; sv1; .net clr 1.1.4322)Media Pla
yer Version is:unknown

Thanks Les, that's perfect

And there is our answer, for some reason Media Player is not reporting its
version number to Internet Explorer at all.

I cant seem to find anything on the net that highlights this problem, so at
first I would say to uninstall and then reinstall Media Player 10 and see
what happens from there.

If this does nto resolve the issue I would suggest after that to contact
Microsoft directly. As you downloaded Media Player form them, and they
employ the experts you should be able to get a resolution.

There are some bullet point notes for them

The Music choice site is using a combination of Javascript and VBScript to
determine the version of Media Player
These scripts are actually default Microsofts scripts from a development
package used to create the Music choice site.
Media Player is not reporting its version correctly and therefore you cannot
gain access to the site, this is a Media Player problem and not the site's
problem

One of the above options should then sort it out for you.

Ralph
BBST

> Full Browser Version is:mozilla/4.0 (compatible; msie 6.0; windows nt 5.1;
> sv1; .net clr 1.1.4322)Media Player Version is:unknown

This is what is happining ntl tech boys cannot sort it out maybe somebody will know a cure thanks les