mass mailing problem

Reaction score
Hi

Can someone help me. I have a database of around 50000 emails. I need to send on a regular base some information.

Is there anyone who knows a free software (online) where I can create a template to send this to all of my contacts? Or do you have alternatives which are not free?
I also want to create groups with mailings. For example different countries.

Is this possible with outlook as well?

Thanks
Tom

Reaction score
Depending on the format you have the email addresses in, you could do an email merge, but with that many addresses, you could plan on that taking a couple days to send out. If you are sending these through an exchange server, your admin probably has the number of recipients limited so you'd have to go through them anyway.

On a side note, why do you need to send to 50,000 people? That's more than quite a few! :eek:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Is this a spammer I see before me?

Some people got more front than Sainsburys.....

Reaction score
Hi

We have a products in a 12 vertical markets. That means that we have 12 different mailing groups. There are a lot of business people, technical people, production workers etc. for trainings and products. But also children from schools, parents,... Our database is growing very fast.
We used in the past an online tool. It works but it takes a lot of time to create templates with it. When we do testmailings pictures are moved, hyperlinks are vanished etc.

So I need an alternative.

Greetings
Tom

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Fair do's Tom, we'll give you the benefit of the doubt then ;)

Welcome to the Forum and good luck.

Reaction score
If you read my first response, you'll see a couple concerns and ideas. There are problems with either, however. An additional problem to the mail merge idea is that the sending mailbox would fill up very quickly and then not be able to send. There are other lists of problems with trying to do this through an exchange server. As far as a third party tool to send out mass emails, I don't think I could recommend that, but maybe someone here has an answer for you.

Ask a Question