Mapping incoming port 'range' in NAT 'special ports' in a single command?

G

I am using a Windows 2000 server as my router to the internet. I have used the 'special ports' in properties on the 'internet' NIC under NAT in 'routing and remote access' to map ports to specific internal addresses in the past and this has worked great. I now have a requirement to map a range of 1200 addresses to one internal addresses. I am 'not' going to sit there and add 2400 entries (TCP and UDP) for each of those ports. Is there a command line option for entering an entire range of addresses to map incoming ports to a single internal address? This seems like fundamental functionality with respect to the little routers from Netgear, Linksys et al you buy from the store, entering a 'range' instead of each one - perhaps I'm doing this in the wrong place

Anyways, any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

G

Can you not use a network address with a subnet mask in Routing and Remote Access to give an address range? For example a subnet mask of 255.255.248.0 (e.g. a network address of 10.0.0.0 /21 or 10.0.4.0 /21 or 10.0.8.0 /21 etc.) would give you a maximum of 2046 host addresses per subnet with a possible 8192 subnets available

Ask a Question