Map Network Drive Problem in XP

I am able to access a share on another computer on a peer to peer network.
When I try to map this share as a network drive I get the following message:

Please go to the control panel to install and configure system components

I have never had this problem before

Melvin \(math\) Klassen

Adrian said:
Newsgroup: microsoft.private.security.spyware.networking
I am able to access a share on another computer on a peer to peer network.
When I try to map this share as a network drive I get the following message:
Please go to the control panel to install and configure system components
I have never had this problem before

Uninstall Windows Defender, reboot, and try again to map the share.
If it still fails to work, then Windows Defender was _NOT_ the problem,
and you should reinstall Windows Defender.